West TN Rural Top 10 Week 1

12 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Lake County will have a huge opportunity to make some noise in Week 2 when they visit the friendly confines of historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium. The only question entering that contest may be whether or not the Trojan defense has been scored on in 2023 entering week 2. 

Truthfully,LC could lose to Central,Dyersburg,And Dresden and start 0- 3

8 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Did I say I'd put LC in top 10?

if you'd read,I said I'm not sure LC is a top 15 if you go back about 3 posts?And then Central is a bigger school with twice or close to triple LC enrollment.Dyersburg is triple.Dresden will probably be ranked in top 5 in Single A polls so could happen and still be a top 10 team,at least in Single A.Maybe not top 15 overall.I guess if Dyersburg or even Dresden  was to play Oakland,Ensworth,MBA,and lost..Wouldnt you still think Dyersburg  or Dresden still be a top 15 teams in West Tenn?

Edited by mrbigster

28 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

if you'd read,I said I'm not sure LC is a top 15 if you go back about 3 posts?And then Central is a bigger school with twice or close to triple LC enrollment.Dyersburg is triple.Dresden will probably be ranked in top 5 in Single A polls so could happen and still be a top 10 team,at least in Single A.Maybe not top 15 overall.I guess if Dyersburg or even Dresden  was to play Oakland,Ensworth,MBA,and lost..Wouldnt you still think Dyersburg  or Dresden still be a top 15 teams in West Tenn?

Personally I don't care about polls. They are great for help and help pay my bills as it gives me something to talk about online to brag on the kids but at the end of the day you're either holding a trophy or not holding a trophy.

As far as enrollment, Dburg and Lake County is a non-region game so it doesn't have to happen. Obviously Lake County was willing to sign the contract so it's going to happen. Yes the Trojans are a larger school but it's not like Lake County was forced to play the game. As a smaller school I would suspect that most of the non-region games will be against schools with larger enrollment. But at the end of the day it's a great opportunity for both programs and is close to home. Win/Win scenario in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Maybe not exactly but you did say this:

"And you have LC out of the outside looking"

Kinda reads like you are frustrated that they aren't in the poll. 

He had top 15 and then outside looking in.So that would suggest to me,about 18th since they weren't in his top 15 which I didn't question.And I said I'm not sure LC was a top 15 so don't know why you'd think I'm frustrated in LC being in top 10 .I wouldn't have them there.I was questioning his reasoning to have LC on outside looking in and then losing to Dyer Co in a jamboree LC could have won but Haywood still at number 4 and losing to same Dyer Co team.And to Northside.Then it's because of past years performance.Well Trenton should be there based on that.Then it's because Have several returnees but they lost several also including their QB.But I know Haywood will be ranked high all year based on their schedule this year.Probabky lose to Oakland which probably won't drop them much.Ladt years Haywood team was loaded.

35 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Personally I don't care about polls. They are great for help and help pay my bills as it gives me something to talk about online to brag on the kids but at the end of the day you're either holding a trophy or not holding a trophy.

As far as enrollment, Dburg and Lake County is a non-region game so it doesn't have to happen. Obviously Lake County was willing to sign the contract so it's going to happen. Yes the Trojans are a larger school but it's not like Lake County was forced to play the game. As a smaller school I would suspect that most of the non-region games will be against schools with larger enrollment. But at the end of the day it's a great opportunity for both programs and is close to home. Win/Win scenario in my opinion. 

I never said LC was forced to play Dyersburg.Or Haywood.But in years past,some smaller schools have declined to play LC so LC has to play up.

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

He had top 15 and then outside looking in.So that would suggest to me,about 18th since they weren't in his top 15 which I didn't question.And I said I'm not sure LC was a top 15 so don't know why you'd think I'm frustrated in LC being in top 10 .I wouldn't have them there.I was questioning his reasoning to have LC on outside looking in and then losing to Dyer Co in a jamboree LC could have won but Haywood still at number 4 and losing to same Dyer Co team.And to Northside.Then it's because of past years performance.Well Trenton should be there based on that.Then it's because Have several returnees but they lost several also including their QB.But I know Haywood will be ranked high all year based on their schedule this year.Probabky lose to Oakland which probably won't drop them much.Ladt years Haywood team was loaded.

No I had top 10 and then listed 5 more as “Outside Looking In”.