West TN Rural Top 10 Week 1

21 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Think Huntingdon is ranked about right now with the ability to be much better. Riverside is good but after seeing them against Hardin Co I think the Panthers and Mustangs is a toss up. Union City with a win over Covington was very impressive. I'm worried about Mckenzie this Friday night. They have reloaded and are going to surprise some folks just hope it's not the Mustangs!

I hate to admit it but the Stanks do have a ton of potential. A gold ball is within their reach this year. I am anxious to see what McKenzie does next week against you guys. They are a mystery to me right now. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Another thing to think about is that Huntingdung got donkey stomped by Covington 5-1 a couple of weeks ago and last night UC beat that same Covington in a 2 qtr scrimmage. 

I get that, but I carry little to no weight when it comes to the "scores" of scrimmages. Just my personal opinion. Some teams take scrimmages more serious than others. Some teams will only run certain plays. Some teams have a "pitch count" for players. Some teams may have a "checklist" of things to accomplish, and if they are able to check things off, then they're content for that night.

I'm not hating on teams for winning and pumping their chest on scrimmages. But 3/4A teams are in a "darn if you do, and darn if you don't scenario."

If Covington "won" that scrimmage against Union City, no one would care. They're expecting to win that scrimmage. Since, Union City won, then here we are reacting to it. What does Covington have to gain if they won that scrimmage? To me, nothing.

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I get that, but I carry little to no weight when it comes to the "scores" of scrimmages. Just my personal opinion. Some teams take scrimmages more serious than others. Some teams will only run certain plays. Some teams have a "pitch count" for players. Some teams may have a "checklist" of things to accomplish, and if they are able to check things off, then they're content for that night.

I'm not hating on teams for winning and pumping their chest on scrimmages. But 3/4A teams are in a "darn if you do, and darn if you don't scenario."

If Covington "won" that scrimmage against Union City, no one would care. They're expecting to win that scrimmage. Since, Union City won, then here we are reacting to it. What does Covington have to gain if they won that scrimmage? To me, nothing.

I pondered that same question earlier this week. In my mind I would  have had Covington around the 4-5 slot if they had won. But they didn’t hence where I put them. There is a ton of truth to what you are saying regarding scrimmages. I try to only look at the varsity portion of scrimmages but you are right that it means very little thus far. 

4 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Fair, balanced, and makes a case for every slot. And I like the fact that Haywood isn't being crucified for a jamboree. 

Being blown out in the jamboree combined with the fact that Dyer Co beat them in a scrimmage the week before has me concerned about the Tomcats but it’s all meaningless so far. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Being blown out in the jamboree combined with the fact that Dyer Co beat them in a scrimmage the week before has me concerned about the Tomcats but it’s all meaningless so far. 

Take that with a grain of salt. Lake county had dyer county beat with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd qrt. We were ahead. Our center snapped the ball causing a fumble and dyer county recovered and scored and won the game. We have a lot of work to do at lake county but have a lot of great athletes. However, dyer county wasn’t very impressive at all. So I don’t know what Haywood will do this year

5 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Take that with a grain of salt. Lake county had dyer county beat with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd qrt. We were ahead. Our center snapped the ball causing a fumble and dyer county recovered and scored and won the game. We have a lot of work to do at lake county but have a lot of great athletes. However, dyer county wasn’t very impressive at all. So I don’t know what Haywood will do this year

That’s my point exactly. They were blown out by North Side and beaten by a vey average DC team. That’s why I’m worried about the Tomcats.