alcoa at ravenwood - week 1

theawesomebro

1 minute ago, theawesomebro said:

no I think ravenwood would be the one who might not want to honor the return trip if you guys clobber them.  I dont think this game will be all that tough for alcoa.  they might be better than last year but I dont think they are loaded with talent but I could be wrong.  you guys will be fine.  : )

love the humility tho.  

Will Hester is not the kind of guy who pulls a fast one like that, they don't shy away from competition 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Thank you Sir.

Ravenwood's Football site list the Roster with 105 Varsity Players and 48 Freshman Players. 

https://www.ravenwoodraptorsathletics.com/sports/fball/2023-24/roster

https://www.ravenwoodraptorsathletics.com/sports/fball/2023-24fr/roster

Edited by BCsportsfan

12 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

no I think ravenwood would be the one who might not want to honor the return trip if you guys clobber them.  I dont think this game will be all that tough for alcoa.  they might be better than last year but I dont think they are loaded with talent but I could be wrong.  you guys will be fine.  : )

love the humility tho.  

This is an interesting topic that gets touched on every year but for whatever reason nothing is ever done to fix the problem.  When schools sign contracts for football games why don't they put in a 20K or 25K buyout clause?  As things stand it's only a nominal fee if a team does not honor the return trip of the contract.  When teams fail to honor the signed contracts, it really puts the other teams is a scheduling bind.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, cbg said:

This is an interesting topic that gets touched on every year but for whatever reason nothing is ever done to fix the problem.  When schools sign contracts for football games why don't they put in a 20K or 25K buyout clause?  As things stand it's only a nominal fee if a team does not honor the return trip of the contract.  When teams fail to honor the signed contracts, it really puts the other teams is a scheduling bind.

Totally agree, 25,000 minimum. If you fill a 5000 seat stadium at $10. A head, plus your revenue from concessions, 25,000 is cheap. As a school administrator I was the acting AD, I called an opponent we had played for 8 decades for them to return the contract. Late July, not only had they not returned the contract but they had replaced us. We lost a home game and traveled to Kentucky for a ball game. Swipes was on that team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Totally agree, 25,000 minimum. If you fill a 5000 seat stadium at $10. A head, plus your revenue from concessions, 25,000 is cheap. As a school administrator I was the acting AD, I called an opponent we had played for 8 decades for them to return the contract. Late July, not only had they not returned the contract but they had replaced us. We lost a home game and traveled to Kentucky for a ball game. Swipes was on that team.

Playing someone for 8 decades and to have them bail on you without prior notification is not illegal but it is certainly not ethical.  Unfortunately, as an entrepreneur I now follow-up all of my business conversations and verbal agreements with an email outlining what was discussed and require that the other party acknowledge the email.  If I were the athletic director at a high school, I feel confident that 90+% of the opposing school's athletic directors and coaches would hate me because I would tie their hands with legal documents to prevent them from basically just walking out on contracts.  We are both in agreement that the buyout for not playing a non-region game should probably be 50K and maybe that fee doubles to 100K if the school fails to provide written notification that the game will not be played by April 1 of the calendar year that the game shall be played.  All of this began to happen with the minor or Olympic sports where contracts were verbal and between the two coaches but have now worked their way into the major sports of football and basketball.  Unfortunately, in today's society people have witnessed our civic leaders lie and get away with it and they now feel that it's ok for everyone to lie and mislead others.

Edited by cbg

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Thank you Sir.

Ravenwood's Football site list the Roster with 105 Varsity Players and 48 Freshman Players. 

https://www.ravenwoodraptorsathletics.com/sports/fball/2023-24/roster

https://www.ravenwoodraptorsathletics.com/sports/fball/2023-24fr/roster

Interesting they have such a large discrepancy bewteen tssaa and their own site. IMO, anything past 75-80 players is just window dressing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

I remember it well Coach and it sucked because it was a longtime Rival. (Probably upset we had been them 8 out of the last 9 times).  Now they can't do that since we are in the same conference :lol:.

I will say I did enjoyed going up to Mercer County KY and almost beating them the year after they had won a KY State Championship.  Flattest Field I ever played on

Edited by Swipes

Ravenwood offenses pretty good the two running backs for a returning one have thousand yards rushing last year. Do you want to add like 500 and something yards raven I want a Defense is gonna be better than last year a lot stronger than what they were last year. But I think I’ll cover the office and defense. What does outplay  I think Alcoa will be the better team because they’re a lot stronger in the deep inside of the ball and off inside the ball but I think that’s Kamiya good game I think that Alco win this by two touchdowns  

5 minutes ago, Fraz47 said:

Ravenwood offenses pretty good the two running backs for a returning one have thousand yards rushing last year. Do you want to add like 500 and something yards raven I want a Defense is gonna be better than last year a lot stronger than what they were last year. But I think I’ll cover the office and defense. What does outplay  I think Alcoa will be the better team because they’re a lot stronger in the deep inside of the ball and off inside the ball but I think that’s Kamiya good game I think that Alco win this by two touchdowns  

I get the jist that you think Alcoa wins the game but the rest is very confusing.  What does this part mean?  "because they’re a lot stronger in the deep inside of the ball and off inside the ball but I think that’s Kamiya good game"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I get the jist that you think Alcoa wins the game but the rest is very confusing.  What does this part mean?  "because they’re a lot stronger in the deep inside of the ball and off inside the ball but I think that’s Kamiya good game"

Ravenwood offenses pretty good the two running backs for a returning one have thousand yards rushing last year. Do you want to add like 500 and something yards raven I want a Defense is gonna be better than last year a lot stronger than what they were last year. But I think I’ll cover the office and defense. What does outplay  I think Alcoa will be the better team because they’re a lot stronger in the deep inside of the ball and off inside the ball but I think that’s Kamiya good game I think that Alco win this by two touchdowns  insane linebackers are better for Alcoa