Lipscomb Academy vs IMG

ChuckDSanAntonio

I have watched watched high school football in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.  IMG is BY FAR the best team I have ever seen at the high school level.  They man handled a team that was probably our best team in the state.  IMG has so many top defensive lineman and they had the best offensive tackle I have ever seen.  #77 Keaton was a man among.  Props to LA for scheduling.. Spillman was very impressive for LA.   IMG was on another level.  They had over 100yds in penalties but still won easily.  Good news for Lipscomb They don't have to face anyone else like that.

3 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

I have watched watched high school football in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.  IMG is BY FAR the best team I have ever seen at the high school level.  They man handled a team that was probably our best team in the state.  IMG has so many top defensive lineman and they had the best offensive tackle I have ever seen.  #77 Keaton was a man among.  Props to LA for scheduling.. Spillman was very impressive for LA.   IMG was on another level.  They had over 100yds in penalties but still won easily.  Good news for Lipscomb They don't have to face anyone else like that.

agreed IMG was on another level.  I can't remember the last time we got beaten like that.  we had some bright spots and some nice plays here and there but just didn't have the horses to hang.  one nice long offensive drive but otherwise didn't find much rhythm there.  our running game didn't look very good at all but deuce can sling it.  defensively, we did as well as I think we could but if we took the wrong angle at all, they were gone.  I just dont think our kids are used to having so many kids that are that fast on the field at once.  most of their scores were big plays, not long drives.  too many penalties didn't help at all.  we got some work to do before saraland! 

anyway, it was a beautiful night so start the season and hopefully, we make some adjustments and keep getting better.  only 1 injury I saw and hopefully it's not serious. 

8 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Fargo nose Booger nose what was gonna happen. Booger is usually better than Mrs Cleo on his truth tellin and predictions. Fargo was hoping for a little closer game from the TN team but looks like IMG had a lot more throughbreds in their stable. Kudos to the LA team for playing this game!

all that was damaged were fans egos....them CoC'ers still have a few more of those games left to play....it aint D2-2 FB

Booger just sayin :thumb:

6 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

not the best in the state...but its up there for sure...or was...this new season and classification they chose to try and demolish will tell

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

6 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

agreed IMG was on another level.  I can't remember the last time we got beaten like that.  we had some bright spots and some nice plays here and there but just didn't have the horses to hang.  one nice long offensive drive but otherwise didn't find much rhythm there.  our running game didn't look very good at all but deuce can sling it.  defensively, we did as well as I think we could but if we took the wrong angle at all, they were gone.  I just dont think our kids are used to having so many kids that are that fast on the field at once.  most of their scores were big plays, not long drives.  too many penalties didn't help at all.  we got some work to do before saraland! 

anyway, it was a beautiful night so start the season and hopefully, we make some adjustments and keep getting better.  only 1 injury I saw and hopefully it's not serious. 

I hope Deuce is OK, that kid is very talented and very fast.  He was running for his life and was taking a pounding. 

Here’s my Two cents after watching. Last years LA team would be better equipped to play IMG this year. The Run game is non existent which I said I was worried about when you guy scrimmaged us. Skill wise if Lipscomb wants to continue to play this national schedule they are going to need to get at least a couple WRs. 2Knight I going to need a few weeks to get going. I still surprised he came soooo late. LA will be ok but the will need to bounce back next week.

Anyone think it was extremely odd Lipscomb didn't have a PA system working last night?  And the line to get in the stadium was extremely long?  You'd think that if they're hosting the #4 HS team in the country and playing the first game under a new coach as the back to back state champions that they'd be able to host a big game a little better?  Was very unimpressed.  Would've greatly benefitted from being able to hear kids' names over the PA but some way somehow that wasn't working.

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Here’s my Two cents after watching. Last years LA team would be better equipped to play IMG this year. The Run game is non existent which I said I was worried about when you guy scrimmaged us. Skill wise if Lipscomb wants to continue to play this national schedule they are going to need to get at least a couple WRs. 2Knight I going to need a few weeks to get going. I still surprised he came soooo late. LA will be ok but the will need to bounce back next week.

it was a lot to handle with a brand new coaching staff and as you pointed out, some of the skill positions need some work.  btw, PC looks like they are going to have a special season!!  i'm really rooting for you guys!!  you guys are like a sister school IMHO.  

34 minutes ago, creeze615 said:

Anyone think it was extremely odd Lipscomb didn't have a PA system working last night?  And the line to get in the stadium was extremely long?  You'd think that if they're hosting the #4 HS team in the country and playing the first game under a new coach as the back to back state champions that they'd be able to host a big game a little better?  Was very unimpressed.  Would've greatly benefitted from being able to hear kids' names over the PA but some way somehow that wasn't working.

there were definitely a lot of technical problems but I wouldn't chalk it up to a conspiracy or anything.  it was working in the second half.  I am sure the vibe was off for our players so I know it didn't help.  

they used to have more gates open before covid and I think that was a definite OFI.  don't forget the staff that ran all of those operations are new but it is unfortunate that we didn't put our best foot forward.  hopefully, you will come see another game and we do better.  : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creeze615 said:

The screen or scoreboard didn't work the first half either so Nobody in the crowd knew the time.  To LA staff credit though they got everything working in second half.  I did think the game was very poorly officiated.  TSSAA has a problem with football officiating.  I think they do well in basketball and baseball but football is getting to be horrible.  I wasn't rooting for either team but IMG got several questionable calls against them.  Also, the TSSAA officials always know when they are on TV you can expect a flag fest.

• Upvote 1