H20 @ Gordonsville

biggest

29 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

If it's not a rivalry, then why all the talk of Hackett seemingly putting more prep in for this week?

As far as some things never changing, actually they have. Gville had owned this rivalry for 30 years until H2O built the new school and went up in enrollment.

Regardless, it's a good gate for both teams, and it will be a good game. I believe Gville wins.

Yeah! THat makes sense! Hackett puts in more prep for a non-region game than any other game.  

2 hours ago, TigerTown12 said:

Why stop at 8? How about the last 40 for a better sample size

Reading over the Smith County / gville  boards last week some claimed that because gville  had won I believe 3 of the last 5 or something like that they had dominated the series. If we’re looking at recent history, going by gville poster’s standards, then what does that say for this series? Not much of a rivalry as I see it. Unless this week we’re going by the whole history of the series? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

Reading over the Smith County / gville  boards last week some claimed that because gville  had won I believe 3 of the last 5 or something like that they had dominated the series. If we’re looking at recent history, going by gville poster’s standards, then what does that say for this series? Not much of a rivalry as I see it. Unless this week we’re going by the whole history of the series? 

Nobody insinuated dominance on Gville's part. Either side will invoke the overall history of the series compared to the recent history to fit their talking points.

Fwiw, going forward, I think the H2O- Gville series will see H2O possibly widening the gap between the two teams due to H2Os increasing enrollment while the Gville -SC series will become more even as they get closer in enrollment.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, Facts100 said:

I think everyone is overlooking Gvilles run game to some degree. Most will struggle to run on SC I think. Their D is stout against the run.  Musgrove will have some big games this year.

I think you are right Musgrove will have some good games this year. He showed a glimpse of that last Thursday night. Like you mentioned SC run defense is stout.