McKenzie Rebels vs Dresden Lions 8/25.

RedRebelman

13 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In those 20 years, how many Huntingdon teams had a "passing/pro style" teams (in terms of players and their skillset) but elect to run the football because they're "Huntingdon."

For whatever reason we just hadn't had much arm talent to come thru our program. McKenzie on the other hand has been blessed with passing style QB's over the years. More bad things can happen passing than running. That was legiondary coach Paul Wards belief and it's still carries on today.

Westview almost beat Dresden with a 1 man show, that scares me about the Lions. I know they've been working heavy with that secondary this week, but all can't be fixed in one week. I know this isn't last year's McKenzie team, but I still have to lean that way. This will for sure be one of the best games of the weekend, but I like the Rebels by a TD! :thumb:

I'm going to have to go with McKenzie in this one. If Dresden barely beat an "inexperienced" Westview, I don't see them beating McKenzie. 21-7 Mck.

16 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

For whatever reason we just hadn't had much arm talent to come thru our program. McKenzie on the other hand has been blessed with passing style QB's over the years. More bad things can happen passing than running. That was legiondary coach Paul Wards belief and it's still carries on today.

Is that it or is Swenson just scared to switch things up and possibly have a losing season? I don't doubt that our guys have the talent, but you have to develop certain areas in skills positions and I think they just don't want to do that.

14 hours ago, west10EZ said:

It used to be more of a double wing-t offense when I played in it . It had lots more miss-direction, less shot gun more under center. It was the one that won a state championship. This single wing-t crap isn’t fooling anyone and you can’t turn a wing-t offense into a passing offense no matter how hard you try. It just don’t work that way. Wing-T is meant for running the football and miss direction  . 

I can't remember about last year, but we used to be all about misdirection's. I mean there were a few times I didn't know who had the ball. Again, I may not have been paying attention very well, but just seems our offense vs. McKenzie was lazy. Not the players, but more so the play calls and designs. Just wasn't exciting to watch like it normally is. 

12 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

I'm going to have to go with McKenzie in this one. If Dresden barely beat an "inexperienced" Westview, I don't see them beating McKenzie. 21-7 Mck.

Is that it or is Swenson just scared to switch things up and possibly have a losing season? I don't doubt that our guys have the talent, but you have to develop certain areas in skills positions and I think they just don't want to do that.

I can't remember about last year, but we used to be all about misdirection's. I mean there were a few times I didn't know who had the ball. Again, I may not have been paying attention very well, but just seems our offense vs. McKenzie was lazy. Not the players, but more so the play calls and designs. Just wasn't exciting to watch like it normally is. 

I never remember having an easier time finding the Huntingdon ball carrier than I did watching last week's game. I brought this up in a different thread over the weekend.

31 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

I never remember having an easier time finding the Huntingdon ball carrier than I did watching last week's game. I brought this up in a different thread over the weekend.

It was not fun to watch. Probably why most of the Huntingdon fans were leaving at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th quarter. I know they'll get it figured out, but region play starts next week and we can not play like this again. Region is too tough to play like this. 

Anyways, sorry McKenzie, didn't mean to keep bringing up the Mustangs on your thread. I hope y'all stomp Dresden!

58 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

It was not fun to watch. Probably why most of the Huntingdon fans were leaving at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th quarter. I know they'll get it figured out, but region play starts next week and we can not play like this again. Region is too tough to play like this. 

Anyways, sorry McKenzie, didn't mean to keep bringing up the Mustangs on your thread. I hope y'all stomp Dresden!

Go work on misdirection and leave us alone!!

3 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

We use to call it the "magic show".  It was so hard to find the ball.  As far as arm talent, Hunter Ensley could have slung the rock around. 

10 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

We use to call it the "magic show".  It was so hard to find the ball.  As far as arm talent, Hunter Ensley could have slung the rock around. 

I believe that is why our run game was/is so successful was because no one could find the ball and then when you did, it was too late. Just didn't see that in the game against yall. 

Hunter definitely, but there were others. I'm not asking to change to a fully passing offense, but if you have someone that can throw the ball, exploit it. I do remember last yr against UC, we did a few fake misdirection hand-offs and passed pretty well off of those.