Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

23 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They didn't have to show much against Tennessee High when your up 28-0 at half.  You think Run game is weaker but they have the same starting RB's, the Qb averaged 4.5 yards a run, and they have 3 of the 5 starting OL back.  The QB threw for Three TD's and had over 200 yards passing and throws a much better and stronger ball than Quillen ever did.  They also returned their front 7 on D and held Tennessee High to less than 175 yards for the game.  The Hype is what they return off of last years team and what they did in their scrimmages and then what they did in the first half against Tennessee High.  The 2nd half they didn't have to show anything and just kept rotating RB's and chewing the clock up.  You will see soon enough come Friday 

Sounds like you a greenville fan…. So your saying they are better than last years team from an unknown QB that threw TD passes on garbage DB’s, runs more than throws,  and return RB’s that aren’t very good because you have a good oline n dline…. I guess they winning the title again. Like last years prediction..

5 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

Sounds like you a greenville fan…. So your saying they are better than last years team from an unknown QB that threw TD passes on garbage DB’s, runs more than throws,  and return RB’s that aren’t very good because you have a good oline n dline…. I guess they winning the title again. Like last years prediction..

First i'm not a Greenville fan but am a GreenEville fan.  I'm saying they didn't show anything in the 2nd half against Tennessee High because they didn't have too and believe they are more well balanced team than last year because the QB does have an arm on him and can throw the ball better.  You also just told me you didn't watch the game because he didn't run more than he threw the ball (6 rushes on QB reads/moving the sticks when Wr's weren't open and passed the ball 11 times for over 200 yards 3TD's and a 2 point conversion).  

Hey man at least Greeneville has won title on the field instead of being voted state champs before the play-off system was around.  I would worry more about DB losing their 6th straight game against a school less than half their size :thumb:

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

First i'm not a Greenville fan but am a GreenEville fan.  I'm saying they didn't show anything in the 2nd half against Tennessee High because they didn't have too and believe they are more well balanced team than last year because the QB does have an arm on him and can throw the ball better.  You also just told me you didn't watch the game because he didn't run more than he threw the ball (6 rushes on QB reads/moving the sticks when Wr's weren't open and passed the ball 11 times for over 200 yards 3TD's and a 2 point conversion).  

Hey man at least Greeneville has won title on the field instead of being voted state champs before the play-off system was around.  I would worry more about DB losing their 6th straight game against a school less than half their size :thumb:

You right .. they haven’t won one straight up and I respect greenvilles overall programs.. but based on hype you are saying they are going to kill DB.. if GD played Farragut last week would they have beat them by 3 TDs? I don’t think so.. if you take 2 TO n. Special teams TD away.. DB wins.. it’s gonna be a battle .. not a blow out to a all I’m saying 

36 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

You right .. they haven’t won one straight up and I respect greenvilles overall programs.. but based on hype you are saying they are going to kill DB.. if GD played Farragut last week would they have beat them by 3 TDs? I don’t think so.. if you take 2 TO n. Special teams TD away.. DB wins.. it’s gonna be a battle .. not a blow out to a all I’m saying 

It'll be a battle for a short time but Greeneville will prove to be too much. I don't forsee a blowout but I feel Greeneville will win comfortably. DB lost a lot more than their fans want to believe. This won't be a good season for DB. You act like Farragut is a great team because they beat you all however maybe they still are bad but DB was just much worse. Don't be surprised to see a 6 win season and no playoff from DB this season. Greeneville, EHS and Science Hill should prove to be too much. I'm going to go out on a limb and say even WR will give DB a better game this year. 

Edited by EHSTrack06

Series history:

2022 (GREENEVILLE wins 21-20)
2021 (GREENEVILLE wins 35-7)
2018 (GREENEVILLE wins 43-3)
2017 (GREENEVILLE wins 35-21)
2002 (GREENEVILLE wins 19-10)
2001 (DB wins 29-7)
2000 (DB wins 61-23)
1999 (DB wins 34-27)
1992 (DB wins 27-13)
1976 (DB wins 24-0)
1975 (DB wins 13-0)
1974 (DB wins 10-0)
1973 (DB wins 13-7)
1972 (DB wins 28-14)
1971 (DB wins 15-0)
1970 (DB wins 15-7)
1969 (DB wins 22-0)
1968 (GREENEVILLE wins 6-2)
1967 (DB wins 35-7)
1966 (DB wins 48-0)
1965 (DB wins 21-0)
1964 (DB wins 12-6)
1963 (DB wins 7-3)
1962 (DB wins 26-0)
1961 (GREENEVILLE wins 13-7)
1960 (DB wins 19-0)
1959 (DB wins 45-0)
1958 (GREENEVILLE wins 14-7)
1957 (DB wins 14-7)
1956 (DB wins 20-0)
1936 (DB wins 45-0)
1935 (DB wins 7-6)
1934 (DB wins 19-0)
1933 (DB wins 13-7)
1927 (DB wins 69-0)
1926 (DB wins 57-0)
1925 (DB wins 40-6)
1922 (DB wins 25-12)
1922 (DB wins 51-7)
1921 (GREENEVILLE wins 19-0)

57 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

Please show me where I said Greeneville would Kill DB?  My simple question was why you believe Greeneville wasn’t as good as last year off of one game that they were up 28-0 at half and ran a very vanilla O the 2nd half.  You then tried to trash our QB, RB’s, and team speed when we returned a lot of starters off last years team.  Yes we don’t have Dabbs who is at Mercer but we do have young speed in Anderson (All American track athlete for his class) and Samples who took the 82 yard slant to the house.  I think it’s close for a little while until Greeneville wears DB down

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Please show me where I said Greeneville would Kill DB?  My simple question was why you believe Greeneville wasn’t as good as last year off of one game that they were up 28-0 at half and ran a very vanilla O the 2nd half.  You then tried to trash our QB, RB’s, and team speed when we returned a lot of starters off last years team.  Yes we don’t have Dabbs who is at Mercer but we do have young speed in Anderson (All American track athlete for his class) and Samples who took the 82 yard slant to the house.  I think it’s close for a little while until Greeneville wears DB down

Don't you guys remember this clown (DBHSfootballfan1)? Notice the number of post. He comes out every year with a different screen name.  I'm not so sure he's even a DB fan. He'll be telling us how much better North Carolina High School football is than Tennessee in a few days. Book it. He's a fake. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You didn’t answer the question about Farragut… plus Anderson ran a pr 100m of 11.7 which is like a 4.88 4.9.. not that fast .. you guys are slower than you think! 

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It'll be a battle for a short time but Greeneville will prove to be too much. I don't forsee a blowout but I feel Greeneville will win comfortably. DB lost a lot more than their fans want to believe. This won't be a good season for DB. You act like Farragut is a great team because they beat you all however maybe they still are bad but DB was just much worse. Don't be surprised to see a 6 win season and no playoff from DB this season. Greeneville, EHS and Science Hill should prove to be too much. I'm going to go out on a limb and say even WR will give DB a better game this year. 

If they come in fourth in region they still make the playoffs.. they gonna loose to William Blount and Morristown east? 

37 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

You didn’t answer the question about Farragut… plus Anderson ran a pr 100m of 11.7 which is like a 4.88 4.9.. not that fast .. you guys are slower than you think! 

Do I know if they would have beat Farragut by 3TD's?  No one knows that since they didn't play.  We also don't know how good Farragut is or if DB just isn't that good....

Anyone who tries to compare a 100m time to a 40 yard dash is just asinine.  Go troll somewhere else buddy and come back and talk to me after Friday.

12 hours ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

What makes you say that considering Greenville is not as good as last year and not any better than Farragut? Greenville is good but not great!! Fellow DB fan!! 

We won’t know how they match up until Friday.  But I assure you GreenEville is much better than last year. DB’s way to stay in the game would be they are normally bigger on the O and D line.  But this year Gville is bigger.

10 hours ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

They lost their seasoned QB and key players on offense n defense…they didn’t show much against Tennessee high. Run game is weaker, QB is a down grade.. that’s why. Dabbs is gone..speed has took a hit.. why is there so much hype on a team that hasn’t done anything is what I wanna know? They may beat DB .. but not by 3 TDs 

Hahaha. That’s the funniest post I’ve seen