Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

You guys are under estimating the talent that DB has.. they are mostly inexperienced but can play, Farragut was tough from top to bottom and had tall WR’s against  inexperienced short DB’s, …..Greenville is good and are tough as well on defense.. but we match up with them better except maybe the oline…TH was shooting gaps on them…I say DB wins based on home field and Grenville is over hyped this year…Tennessee high is not that good and they was getting off blocks.. our linebackers is goin got shutdown there weak Running game….I’m telling you.. devils are not the old devils… DB 24 devils 20…

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

You guys are under estimating the talent that DB has.. they are mostly inexperienced but can play, Farragut was tough from top to bottom and had tall WR’s against  inexperienced short DB’s, …..Greenville is good and are tough as well on defense.. but we match up with them better except maybe the oline…TH was shooting gaps on them…I say DB wins based on home field and Grenville is over hyped this year…Tennessee high is not that good and they was getting off blocks.. our linebackers is goin got shutdown there weak Running game….I’m telling you.. devils are not the old devils… DB 24 devils 20…

I don't think this one will age very well, sounds like a youngster.  I think Devils win, but go Tribe.  

I just watched the last drive where Farragut goes into the 2-minute drill and marches 90 yards for the win... receivers running around wide open all over the field.     If Greeneville studies that last drive then they will have no trouble scoring.    Not sure if the Greene is more of a running or passing team though.    Other than Farragut's last possession this game was pretty evenly matched.

Start it at 2:43:00 to see the last drive

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Last year, this game came down to a missed two point conversion from the Indians pulling off the W.

This year, the Greene Devils win comfortably in my opinion.  By two scores at least.

What makes you say that considering Greenville is not as good as last year and not any better than Farragut? Greenville is good but not great!! Fellow DB fan!! 

45 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

I’m not a youngster….. you say go Tribe but seem to be pulling for the devils…we can win and will win.. if we loose at least I pulled for them!! 

Do you think there is a difference in wanting (pulling for) your team to win, but at the same time being honest that they may not because the opponent is better?

47 minutes ago, Swipes said:

What makes you think Greeneville is not as good as last year?

They lost their seasoned QB and key players on offense n defense…they didn’t show much against Tennessee high. Run game is weaker, QB is a down grade.. that’s why. Dabbs is gone..speed has took a hit.. why is there so much hype on a team that hasn’t done anything is what I wanna know? They may beat DB .. but not by 3 TDs 

13 minutes ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

They lost their seasoned QB and key players on offense n defense…they didn’t show much against Tennessee high. Run game is weaker, QB is a down grade.. that’s why. Dabbs is gone..speed has took a hit.. why is there so much hype on a team that hasn’t done anything is what I wanna know? They may beat DB .. but not by 3 TDs 

They didn't have to show much against Tennessee High when your up 28-0 at half.  You think Run game is weaker but they have the same starting RB's, the Qb averaged 4.5 yards a run, and they have 3 of the 5 starting OL back.  The QB threw for Three TD's and had over 200 yards passing and throws a much better and stronger ball than Quillen ever did.  They also returned their front 7 on D and held Tennessee High to less than 175 yards for the game.  The Hype is what they return off of last years team and what they did in their scrimmages and then what they did in the first half against Tennessee High.  The 2nd half they didn't have to show anything and just kept rotating RB's and chewing the clock up.  You will see soon enough come Friday