Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

I may be biased but I saw a lot of good things in Knoxville Friday night. Db went down 14 to 0 on an opening kickoff td and a busted coverage (not surprising). But once our new guys settled down, we played well. Will hurd did a great job at qb in my opinion. I think if we meet Farragut in the playoffs, it may be a different story. I'm taking my Tribe some thing like 28 to 21 or 35 to 28. I may be crazy but I think we have a solid shot. And contrary to popular belief, I think this year's team is far better than last year's. Don't get me wrong, a loss to Greeneville won't catch me off guard haha. But it's gonna be a Big Fight Feel in J Fred tom night. Roll Tribe!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

I may be biased but I saw a lot of good things in Knoxville Friday night. Db went down 14 to 0 on an opening kickoff td and a busted coverage (not surprising). But once our new guys settled down, we played well. Will hurd did a great job at qb in my opinion. I think if we meet Farragut in the playoffs, it may be a different story. I'm taking my Tribe some thing like 28 to 21 or 35 to 28. I may be crazy but I think we have a solid shot. And contrary to popular belief, I think this year's team is far better than last year's. Don't get me wrong, a loss to Greeneville won't catch me off guard haha. But it's gonna be a Big Fight Feel in J Fred tom night. Roll Tribe!

Nothing wrong with being confident about your team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, timcraw said:

Yep, You crazy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yep, You crazy. 

We will see tomorrow night. Everyone seems to be taking the first 4 mins of the Farragut game and defining dbs team based of it. There were a lot of positives. The qb play is much improved from last year. The rbs are good. The secondary is still bad but for the first time ever I've seen atleast slight improvement. I think a lot of people will be surprised come tom night. I atleast think the game will be close

This game all depends on how Greeneville wants to play it. If they come out spreading the ball around and attacking the secondary it will be a long long night but if both teams run it down each others throat in the first half like I think will happen it will be a much closer game. I’d love to see DB continue to throw more. Can’t be mad at 24 pass attempts in game 1. Just don’t like some calls. Like a WR screen on the short side of the field like I seen last week smh. Give your playmakers room to make plays!!! TN high isnt a good game to base things off of. Greeneville stays talented and a very strong team bc of a great strength and conditioning program. 

side note: does anyone know how Nigel Vidale is doing? #20 Went down last week at the end of the game and it didn’t look too hot. Hope the best for him. He’s a heck of a jumper. State qualifier in High and Triple. 

If anyone wants to stop by the tailgate before the game. Me and a few others from Texas Roadhouse will be catering the tailgate. Pulled pork sandwiches!! Come bye and let me know you’re from coacht. My name’s Jordan. I’d love to get to know some passionate football fans!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Db2017 said:

This game all depends on how Greeneville wants to play it. If they come out spreading the ball around and attacking the secondary it will be a long long night but if both teams run it down each others throat in the first half like I think will happen it will be a much closer game. I’d love to see DB continue to throw more............

You are correct, but given what you stated above why in the world would Greeneville NOT come out throwing the ball all over the field?          If that's all it takes to win then you can be assured the GREENE staff knows and that's their game plan.   Farragut's last 2-minute drill lays out the template...      I'm picking the GREENE in this one but DB is going to win some games this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Db2017 said:

side note: does anyone know how Nigel Vidale is doing? #20 Went down last week at the end of the game and it didn’t look too hot. Hope the best for him. He’s a heck of a jumper. State qualifier in High and Triple. 

Heard Wilmoth say on Prep Picks on WCYB that he had a head injury, so I am guessing concussion protocol.  Probably out this week at least if I were guessing.

So, the more I've kind of read and think about this one. It might be closer than we think. DB beat Farragut statically and missed a couple plays late that would've won them the game.

I think this might come down to making plays late and one team knowing how to win and one program who needs to learn how.

Give me Greeneville 27-23

Some of y’all are either nuts or ignorant on here. Maybe just don’t know much about the game of football. I expect a good game tonight. Obviously pulling for my Indians, but no matter what I thinks it’s a battle. Heck nobody really knows until they step inside those lines. It’s week 2 for gods sake and people are writing us off for the whole season. I liked a lot of what we did last week against Farragut and you have to realize that a ton of these kids have never played varsity football before. They will continue to get better, just need to cut out mistakes. Roll Tribe

• Upvote 1