Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

Man frustrating way to end what look like was going to be another close finish in Kingsport. 
My thoughts, the kids battled, especially after the 1st play (again) and responded well. Still obviously there were some mistakes, but seems to be a decent amount of crow to be had in this thread. GVille has a dang good football team and I think our Indians are pretty dang good as well, just inexperienced. Also think about this last night we were down our starting safety and one of our starting WRs.  Love that we scheduled some tough non region teams. These past two games will go a whole lot farther for us than playing TN High and Volunteer week 1 and 2 like the past couple years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Was the game scheduled at 7;30 originally or was that due to heat safety. That was the 30 minutes that was needed to have had a winner and a loser for this game.

Was moved to 7:30 from 7 because it was the TV game for WCYB. Also there seemed to be 1000 TV timeouts for commercials. This game wasn’t able to be finished 100% because of that. A normal 7 pm kickoff no TV station it would have been over well before 

Edited by DBKPT93
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Fined for what? 

Not finishing the game.Last year a school was winning 28-7.Lights went out at halftime.They tried but couldn't get them to come back on.Schools didn't want to finish the game.School up 28-7 thought they'd get the win but IHSA said no go as they thought they would get a win for playing a half.Disqualified both teams from getting in the playoffs plus a fine for not finishing the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, highschoolfbfan777 said:

Not finishing the game.Last year a school was winning 28-7.Lights went out at halftime.They tried but couldn't get them to come back on.Schools didn't want to finish the game.School up 28-7 thought they'd get the win but IHSA said no go as they thought they would get a win for playing a half.Disqualified both teams from getting in the playoffs plus a fine for not finishing the game.

Thought that was going to happen at Alcoa last night. The lights went out on a passing play when Bearden had the ball. 

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thought that was going to happen at Alcoa last night. The lights went out on a passing play when Bearden had the ball. 

In another game Elizabethton was up 20-7 early in 4th when storms hit so they called it.Don't understand this state.You're down 2 touchdowns in the game so why call it???? Why couldn't they finish the games??? Unreal.The attitude is well it's a non region game so it don't count.Yes they do count & if that's their attitude then don't schedule non region games.I hope the TSSAA declares the game a non contest not a stupid tie

Edited by highschoolfbfan777
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Was moved to 7:30 from 7 because it was the TV game for WCYB. Also there seemed to be 1000 TV timeouts for commercials. This game wasn’t able to be finished 100% because of that. A normal 7 pm kickoff no TV station it would have been over well before 

These weren’t tv timeouts. It was mentioned on the broadcast that there would be stoppages every 6 minutes of game play for hydration breaks. I think they mentioned every 3 minutes in the second half

1 hour ago, B-Ball Fan said:

These weren’t tv timeouts. It was mentioned on the broadcast that there would be stoppages every 6 minutes of game play for hydration breaks. I think they mentioned every 3 minutes in the second half

Not true. When the Red Hat walks on the field, it’s a commercial timeout. 

1 hour ago, DBKPT93 said:

Man frustrating way to end what look like was going to be another close finish in Kingsport. 
My thoughts, the kids battled, especially after the 1st play (again) and responded well. Still obviously there were some mistakes, but seems to be a decent amount of crow to be had in this thread. GVille has a dang good football team and I think our Indians are pretty dang good as well, just inexperienced. Also think about this last night we were down our starting safety and one of our starting WRs.  Love that we scheduled some tough non region teams. These past two games will go a whole lot farther for us than playing TN High and Volunteer week 1 and 2 like the past couple years. 

Great point on scheduling!!!

A few things came out of this No contest game  . Greeneville has some work to do but gained a lot of valuable film going forward . Same for Dobyns Bennett , also don’t think DB can go a complete season and not have better luck in the way they have started these first two games. For Greeneville , I was just thinking that the  Elizabethton games this year will probably again be who makes the best adjustments from the regular season matchup and then the playoff rematch . Right now, after two games the Devils might be the first game underdog  when they play but who knows when it’s win or go home. Yeah , I’m purposely not factoring in AC or any other team and like a few years ago with  Greeneville and the top two Knoxville teams,  it could end up being a surprise team that sends everyone home . 

2 minutes ago, Gvilledevil said:

So does Gville have a QB controversy now?  That was the OC’S kid that came in

This probably won't be very popular but I think its time to move on and give the sophomore the reigns and I'm not taking anything away from #10 he is an outstanding kid