Riverdale @ Henry Co

SEC1rules

27 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Part of the reason I'm holding out for another Oakland-HC series. Sounds similar to how The Pit was in its heyday

That’s a spot on comparison. I saw one of the best high school football games at The Pit back in 04’ between Riverdale and LC. Standing room only packed 4-5 deep around the fence 

35 minutes ago, DbCooper said:

That’s a spot on comparison. I saw one of the best high school football games at The Pit back in 04’ between Riverdale and LC. Standing room only packed 4-5 deep around the fence 

I think your off by a year, LC was 6-5 in 2004. Your right though that was a great game, there was a time during that season where I thought LC was going to go 15-0. I miss the rivalry they had with RuCo

38 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I was too young to drive in 97/98 but would have liked to have seen it. I was surprised that Donnie Webb wasn't successful there, seemed like a natural fit

I have always heard the problems at Henry Co during those years were higher up than Donnie Webb, but I am not much for details on that kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think your off by a year, LC was 6-5 in 2004. Your right though that was a great game, there was a time during that season where I thought LC was going to go 15-0. I miss the rivalry they had with RuCo

Probably am off by a year, almost 20 years ago lol, I do remember Riverdale winning a low scoring game that night.

Question on the Fake FG:
I'm not sure if it was a called fake FG or a botched snap and holder just scrambled, but either way.
The holder scrambled to the sideline and heaved a pass that was caught at the 3. Someone said it was caught by the snapper.
Anyone know for sure? Also is there some crazy rule on FG attempts that allows lineman downfield and/or anyone to catch a forward pass?
Or did the ref's just miss that?
No flags on the play and Riverdale got first and goal and scored just before halftime.
Thoughts?

• Upvote 1