Beech @ Collierville

eers

46 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

What social media group is there more high-school football chatter than CoachT?

I don't know, but many people just check scores on FB or Twitter now. And then there's sites like YouTube and Hudl, which feature everything you could ever want to know about a particular player including bio and highlights. 

I still like to come here to learn about certain teams, as there are many knowledgeable posters, and some of the banter is hilarious, but a lot of the basics can be gotten elsewhere now. Not a knock on this site at all, it's just the reality that we've gotten from the ubiquity of wifi and smart phones. 

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Not many 5A/6A teams in the west side. The communities that do have schools of that size are mostly in/around the greater Memphis area, and fan support is notoriously non-existent there.

This is another good point. 5A and 6A discussion for West TN on here has never been as active as Middle or East, and it's largely a function of scarcity. But if you go to the 1A or 3A boards, it is swallowed up with West TN fans. 

On 8/19/2023 at 4:56 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As you stated prior to the Station Camp game, there will be a few speed bumps along the way this season for Beech. This is one of them. I’ll take collierville by 10. 

This is a great litmus ready for beech. It’s week 2. Collierville  wins I’d say but if beech shows up and wins they make a statement. 31-17 collierville 

Our offense struggled tonight and they beat us up front. Line play has a lot of growing up to do. All of that said, we still had an opportunity to win the game. Beech gave the ball to Collierville inside the 20 once and inside the 5 once. Can’t do that on the road against a good team.