WEST @ CLINTON

92Dragon

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

West showing they have a good defense again this year. Clinton appears to have a high score offence. I am hoping for a good game but too early in the year for Clinton to win this one IMO. 

My concerns about Clinton is their defense. West struggled for 3 quarters against Bearden and then figured something out and started clicking. 

If West plays the way they did in the 4th quarter against Bearden, Clinton is in for a long night.  

I have a feeling this game may be closer than what alot of people think.

Edited by 92Dragon
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:03 PM, SweetScience said:

WH4L, that D will keep the Rebs in most games regardless. Was good to see Cummings son getting a lot of playing time on D. Congratulations on that big victory today, I was pulling for y’all.

SS, Thanks for the support today. Yeah hes doing a fine job for the Rebs and playing a lot on special teams. Looks like you guys got a beast over there with Coach Rang and the boys...

If all goes well for both of our teams we could be having a post Turkey dinner get together! Best of luck this season.

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

My concerns about Clinton is their defense. West struggled for 3 quarters against Bearden and then figured something out and started clicking. 

If West plays the way they did in the 4th quarter against Bearden, Clinton is in for a long night.  

I could see that also...but I do ask this without trolling...is Clintons defense as big and fast as Beardens was. There front 7 was very stout and seemed to tackle well at the point of contact. I just think they were gassed by the 4th in that heat.

Also im curious to see if the West offense will find its grove this game and continue what it started at the end of the 3rd/4th qtr against Bearden!

Cant wait for Friday!

It very well could be close. West did not show too much firepower in Preseason. And Cleveland I would believe are much better than believed. Last year beating Maryville was huge If Clinton pulls in a win, The Mavs may be in trouble this year with Clinton or even a close one would put both West and Clinton that the Mavs have to deal with. And I was hoping it does not get to this after already suffering our 1st game loss. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I could see that also...but I do ask this without trolling...is Clintons defense as big and fast as Beardens was. There front 7 was very stout and seemed to tackle well at the point of contact. I just think they were gassed by the 4th in that heat.

Also im curious to see if the West offense will find its grove this game and continue what it started at the end of the 3rd/4th qtr against Bearden!

Cant wait for Friday!

I think it's safe to say that Bearden's defense is better than Clinton's at this point in the season. Whether Clinton s gets better or not is still a mystery. I also think Clinton is better on offense than Bearden is right now.

I feel like West will look alot better on offense this week. It looked as if West got more confident as the game went on Saturday and those younger players grew up a little.

It wouldn't surprise me if West runs for 300+ yards  and puts up 35+ points. 

West is very stout on defense and Clinton will have to take advantage of EVERY opportunity to score.  

Clinton has a veteran team back with alot of experience. It's time for them to play like it.

I can't wait to see how Clinton plays against West Friday night. A loss for Clinton doesn't hurt their playoff chances, but a loss could definitely hurt their confidence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

It very well could be close. West did not show too much firepower in Preseason. And Cleveland I would believe are much better than believed. Last year beating Maryville was huge If Clinton pulls in a win, The Mavs may be in trouble this year with Clinton or even a close one would put both West and Clinton that the Mavs have to deal with. And I was hoping it does not get to this after already suffering our 1st game loss. 

Cleveland kicks alot of onside kickoffs and goes for it on 4th down alot. They also go for 2 most of the time. Cleveland is very aggressive and likes to play fast on offense.

I just feel like Cleveland caught Clinton and their coaching staff off guard and gained the early momentum and Clinton was playing on their heels and trying to play catch-up all night long 

West has a pretty good defense, and I thought it took them 3 quarters to get their offense going, which was just by finding out that they could run the ball on a tired Bearden front, then Bearden gets burned on single coverage for the winning touchdown . Clinton shows they can score points, the question is can they stop a good offense? Be an interesting game to watch, will the Year of the Dragon get back on track?

9 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

West's O is an old fashioned knock your teeth out system. Might be CHS can slow that down better than say Cleveland's offense. IF SO, I expect a good game. West has that rugged D so it needs to be a fairly low scoring affair, IMO.

Be hard though, West and Powell are always good anymore.