D2 week 2

theawesomebro

pearl cohn @ CPA looks to be the most interesting to me.  both are riding high off big wins.

LA @ saraland will be another tough week for LA.  really want to see some offensive improvement.  

MBA @ ensworth will be a good measuring stick for how MBA's season is going to go I think.

BA @ brentwood should be a fun public private matchup.  interested to see BA's adjustments.

seton hall prep, NJ @ baylor

woodward academy @ mccallie

MTCS at master's academy in FL?  road trip!

friendship christian @ DCA. 

thoughts?  any other interesting games im missing?

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

pearl cohn @ CPA looks to be the most interesting to me.  both are riding high off big wins.

LA @ saraland will be another tough week for LA.  really want to see some offensive improvement.  

MBA @ ensworth will be a good measuring stick for how MBA's season is going to go I think.

BA @ brentwood should be a fun public private matchup.  interested to see BA's adjustments.

Franklin Grace at TCA. These two teams have some playoff history against each other with TCA winning the matchups. Both teams with wins to open the season. TCA looking to go 2-0 to start the season for the first time since 2017 when they opened up at 3-0.

22 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

Father Ryan vs Pope Prep.  Do the Irish break the 7 year drubbing for the Bishop's Cup?

FCS at DCA will be a good game. Expect FCS to get the W.

GCA at TCA will be another good game. We will see if GCA progressed. TCA is always solid and with the home field, I expect them to earn the W.

MTCS heading to the sunshine state. Heading out Thursday, back Saturday night. MA looks a lot like CA did this past week. Should be a good game, hopefully escape with a win.

FRA at Franklin High. Honing to beat down another 6A scrub. They won’t beat CPA this year, but will beat everyone else. 
Pope, BGA, Webb are terrible. Goodpasture and Davidson fight for 3rd place. New coach at FRA has done a complete 180 in one year. They are all in on recruiting and building up the program.

7 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

FCS at DCA will be a good game. Expect FCS to get the W.

GCA at TCA will be another good game. We will see if GCA progressed. TCA is always solid and with the home field, I expect them to earn the W.

MTCS heading to the sunshine state. Heading out Thursday, back Saturday night. MA looks a lot like CA did this past week. Should be a good game, hopefully escape with a win.

GCA vs TCA - I think GCA lost a lot from last year and I know nothing about TCA other than what is posted on here. Have no idea who will win? 

MTCS vs FL? Who knows but the CA vs MTCS game on NFHS was an exciting watch. Both teams were a little different than I expected Re both teams passing. 

JCS vs Peabody - this is interesting because USJ beat Peabody by 7 so it might be an indicator of how good JCS?

DCA vs FCS - passing team vs a running team. Who can stop the other will be interesting to see. DCA returns every skill player from last year (7/8) but one and gained two newer ones. Plus, Sneed is a difficult matchup as a 6’6” 235 TE.  But, DCAs line averages 200 lbs while FCS is about 275 lbs. FCS has a great RB that can gash you. Look forward to a good game.  

Friday can’t get here fast enough. Safe travels to everyone. 

15 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Columbia Academy vs Webb being played tonight , Thursday.

Webb is absolutely huge but still learning a new system with new players. Webb gave up over 100 yards on 4 carries to the DCA run game in preseason. CA has a good back so he should do very very well. 

That was a beating. CA 45 - 13. Size hurts, but speed kills.