Science Hilltoppers 0-1 Visit The 0-1 AC Mavs

Watching the NFHS replay. We had two opportunities passes dropped but other than that our QB had receivers open but went to the ones that were covered right close by each important time. Now as QB mentality..... Who does that. Something just don't add up. How can a QB do that. Lord only knows. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Bless his heart. That poor kid has been through a lot. 

I know he just keeps on trying. He played hurt the Powell game then I assume on xray found fracture. Not sure he would or would not be out entirely season but just guessing I would believe he would be. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Watching the NFHS replay. We had two opportunities passes dropped but other than that our QB had receivers open but went to the ones that were covered right close by each important time. Now as QB mentality..... Who does that. Something just don't add up. How can a QB do that. Lord only knows. 

Mav, I suggest you get some sleep. He's just a high school QB. Many high school QBs don't have great vision and can't go through their progressions. They lock in on WR1 (or the main target on a given play) and let it fly. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Mav, I suggest you get some sleep. He's just a high school QB. Many high school QBs don't have great vision and can't go through their progressions. They lock in on WR1 (or the main target on a given play) and let it fly. 

So true osu. We get caught up in arm strength, 40 time ect. Yet it is the intangibles that make great qbs.

6 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I finally got to sleep and feeling better then it hit me we play Bearden next week. OMG all together forgot. Now I am really worried. 

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I finally got to sleep and feeling better then it hit me we play Bearden next week. OMG all together forgot. Now I am really worried. 

That Bearden defense is for real. I'm not trying to sound negative, but I'll be surprised if AC even scores against Bearden.

West and Alcoa both struggled offensively, but they did just enough to beat Bearden.

That's another reason I wouldn't want to play Bearden next. They are going to come in with something to prove after 2 close losses. 

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

That Bearden defense is for real. I'm not trying to sound negative, but I'll be surprised if AC even scores against Bearden.

West and Alcoa both struggled offensively, but they did just enough to beat Bearden.

That's another reason I wouldn't want to play Bearden next. They are going to come in with something to prove after 2 close losses. 

Yeah it's a brutal schedule. With Moog out and offence struggling in redzone trying to find an identy. Mavs have alot of work. They have a good all around core talent. Getting on the same page is harder than I would have guessed but again we are playing some of the best teams. We have to punch it in because all that work to get down in the redzone evaporates and that can wear on a good team like the Mavs.