Riverside @ Peabody Week 3

RHSPanther15

People need to realize what we have witnessed as Peabody fans the last 9 years has not EVER happened in West Tennessee before. I am not saying that it is completely over, but this is not the norm to win 4 state titles and be right in the mix for a state title every year (unless you are Alcoa). I for one have enjoyed the ride and am not giving up on this group as I said earlier nothing has gone right for them this year. I see these kids competing their tails off, but they are in positions that they have not ever been in. The mistakes that are being made can be fixed. When you have 8 turnovers in 2 games on your opponent’s side of the field you are not going to win any game. We have had some good drives, but then a big penalty happens or we have turned the ball over. All we have to do is get something positive happen and I feel it will be a domino effect and things will turn around. I don’t think it will happen this week but next week against Adamsville is when I feel things will begin to change.

Edited by thunderbolts

24 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

People need to realize what we have witnessed as Peabody fans the last 9 years has not EVER happened in West Tennessee before. I am not saying that it is completely over, but this is not the norm to win 4 state titles and be right in the mix for a state title every year (unless you are Alcoa). I for one have enjoyed the ride and am not giving up on this group as I said earlier nothing has gone right for them this year. I see these kids competing their tails off, but they are in positions that they have not ever been in. The mistakes that are being made can be fixed. When you have 8 turnovers in 2 games on your opponent’s side of the field you are not going to win any game. We have had some good drives, but then a big penalty happens or we have turned the ball over. All we have to do is get something positive happen and I feel it will be a domino effect and things will turn around. I don’t think it will happen this week but next week against Adamsville is when I feel things will begin to change.

I know Milan under Morris had back to back titles. Union City won 3 or 4 more spread out. Gibson County, Mckenzie and Westview girls have had back to back titles in basketball. I agree Peabody going 3 in a row is the best West TN has ever seen in a sport. Take a mistake or two away against Mckenzie in the semis and could have very likely been 4 in a row. Will be interesting what happens in the future. The Adamsville game will be a big game. 

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I know Milan under Morris had back to back titles. Union City won 3 or 4 more spread out. Gibson County, Mckenzie and Westview girls have had back to back titles in basketball. I agree Peabody going 3 in a row is the best West TN has ever seen in a sport. Take a mistake or two away against Mckenzie in the semis and could have very likely been 4 in a row. Will be interesting what happens in the future. The Adamsville game will be a big game. 

I agree, we had a minus 4 turnover margin against McKenzie that seminal. I know my son wishes they had not turned the ball over so much that game. Not taking anything away from McKenzie that night but that is definitely a woulda, coulda, shoulda situation that just didn’t go our way that night. But, you could also say that about the Fairley game a few years ago too. It worked both ways for us. 

18 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I agree, we had a minus 4 turnover margin against McKenzie that seminal. I know my son wishes they had not turned the ball over so much that game. Not taking anything away from McKenzie that night but that is definitely a woulda, coulda, shoulda situation that just didn’t go our way that night. But, you could also say that about the Fairley game a few years ago too. It worked both ways for us. 

QB from Fairley goes in shotgun instead of under center Peabody likely loses that one. But they survived .Ganoway brothers, Dickson, Vaughn, Halbrook, Burkette and 2 QB's, Baskerville etc....Lot of talent for a school less than 400. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

QB from Fairley goes in shotgun instead of under center Peabody likely loses that one. But they survived .Ganoway brothers, Dickson, Vaughn, Halbrook, Burkette and 2 QB's, Baskerville etc....Lot of talent for a school less than 400. 

You forgot Meadows. Did I spell that right?….

56 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

This game shouldn’t be close but nothing surprises me with Peabody. They always compete. Riverside is just one of those type teams this year that Peabody has been for many. I sure miss Pride. Would love to hear what he wails have to say about this game.

:cry::cry:  You never know life is to short 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

YES! Peabody has had a run of studs roll in the door over the past several years. Both of the Ganoway boys are playing D1 ball right now. 

33 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

YES! Peabody has had a run of studs roll in the door over the past several years. Both of the Ganoway boys are playing D1 ball right now. 

I don't know about if both Ganaways are still playing D1. I know one of them is at UT, but you might want to check about Mr. Football. Everybody is naming the skill guys which I get, but I don't think any of them have made there respective college football teams travel squad yet. I believe Dickson has with Army, but everyone else has not. Two of the lineman from last year are having great camps and I believe both of them are making there travel squads from day one. If you know anything about college football you haven't really arrived on the team unless you make the travel squad. All you are is a practice body until you make the travel squad. The average fan didn't know how good Peabody had it with the boys up front the last few years, and how well prepared Coach Driggers had those guys day in and day out. 

48 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I don't know about if both Ganaways are still playing D1. I know one of them is at UT, but you might want to check about Mr. Football. Everybody is naming the skill guys which I get, but I don't think any of them have made there respective college football teams travel squad yet. I believe Dickson has with Army, but everyone else has not. Two of the lineman from last year are having great camps and I believe both of them are making there travel squads from day one. If you know anything about college football you haven't really arrived on the team unless you make the travel squad. All you are is a practice body until you make the travel squad. The average fan didn't know how good Peabody had it with the boys up front the last few years, and how well prepared Coach Driggers had those guys day in and day out. 

This is BPM and I approve this message…