Riverside @ Peabody Week 3

RHSPanther15

12 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I watched Peabody play JCS last night. Peabody has talent as always. You can tell they are young. They shot themselves in the foot a lot with turnovers and penalties. When they mature as a team they will be tough and able to play with anyone in 2A. It just won’t happen next week. 

Brother, nothing but love between me and you. This is going to be ugly. I love the town, coaches, players, posters, and all the things. The talent is not there. Riverside is going to beat Peabody like a rented mule. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

If I am Peabody I simplify my offense. I would run a lot of zone read. On occasion I would line under center and run right at teams. QB is a good runner and the RB is too. I would run both of them early and often and pass very little. They need to limit plays and get crisp on fewer plays, IMO. They are making way to many mistakes. Limit plays and get good at running fewer plays. QB and RB are good runners and you have big OL. Just shooting self in the foot too much.

I don’t know how much you’ve watched of Trenton this season but basically all I’ve seen on film is a lot of read options some jets and a few pulling guards with the occasional WR screen they are very vanilla they just stuck their two fastest kids in the backfield no real QB the only downfield passing game is heaving the ball up and hoping their WR comes down with a 50/50 ball

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

I don’t know how much you’ve watched of Trenton this season but basically all I’ve seen on film is a lot of read options some jets and a few pulling guards with the occasional WR screen they are very vanilla they just stuck their two fastest kids in the backfield no real QB the only downfield passing game is heaving the ball up and hoping their WR comes down with a 50/50 ball

I have watched both games on film. Just saying they are very undisciplined. Need to simplify things somewhat. Too many mistakes. Riverside will win big. Peabody just needs to try and improve each week though to try to make a late run to get in playoffs. Riverside, Huntingdon and Milan are top 3 in their Region IMO in that order. 

Edited by pioneer42

19 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

First time these two meet since Peabody was cruising on their way to a 3rd straight State championship I believe this game will look a lot different tho. Who y’all got in this one? My prediction-Panthers 28 Golden Tide 17

Weather will have to be a factor for this one to be as tight as 28-17. 

16 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Brother, nothing but love between me and you. This is going to be ugly. I love the town, coaches, players, posters, and all the things. The talent is not there. Riverside is going to beat Peabody like a rented mule. 

I agree Riverside will more than likely win big. But I disagree about the talent. I watched almost all the JCS game. Peabody is not hurting for kids that are athletic. They are just real young and have no varsity experience. When you out an inexperienced but talented sophomore or junior in the field against a team that has tons of talented seniors with starting experience the cards are stacked against you. Peabody will be back soon.  Coaches are too good not to. 

17 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

He can’t throw because the oline isn’t blocking or picking up stunts and I’m being nice about the oline. He can throw he lit up Milan last year until he broke his collar bone 

18 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

The talent is there. The oline is bad and penalties are keeping this team from doing anything 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree Riverside will more than likely win big. But I disagree about the talent. I watched almost all the JCS game. Peabody is not hurting for kids that are athletic. They are just real young and have no varsity experience. When you out an inexperienced but talented sophomore or junior in the field against a team that has tons of talented seniors with starting experience the cards are stacked against you. Peabody will be back soon.  Coaches are too good not to. 

Reason I say they need to simplify their offense because they are very undisciplined right now. Let's learn these 8-10 plays and do them real good. I agree that the talent is there. They're just not crisp now at all. 

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Reason I say they need to simplify their offense because they are very undisciplined right now. Let's learn these 8-10 plays and do them real good. I agree that the talent is there. They're just not crisp now at all. 

Nothing they are doing is complicated. Straighten out the penalties and the oline and they will be decent