Trousdale co vs Gordonsville

Creekbank76

2 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Touché, wouldn't hurt to get new guys at both spots, Don't think Clint will be around much longer and when that happens everyone will get what they want and as with any change it could be better or it could be worse. 

Why would you replace middle school coach after a season like this? Looks like theyre headed for an undefeated season & a conference championship. Way different than the high school so far...

3 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Touché, wouldn't hurt to get new guys at both spots, Don't think Clint will be around much longer and when that happens everyone will get what they want and as with any change it could be better or it could be worse. 

Both spots...meaning DOS and new head ball coach?

Hard to see how it could be worse

I'm just perplexed about the seemingly apathetic attitude of the program. TC=football...pride and tradition, and I fear that's being lost. Playing during the early days of Clint being the HBC, and Jim B being the "assistant", it's so hard for me to believe that Clint doesn't care about athletics, ESPECIALLY yellow jacket football. That dude was beyond passionate. Now, that's been a few years ago lol, but still. Yes I've heard talent is down blah blah, but that doesn't excuse some of the issues going on. By no means do I still have my finger on the pulse of the program or community, so I'd love to hear some honest takes from some of the old heads that are still around. Just hurts my soul seeing/hearing what I'm seeing/hearing

Go Jackets!

16 hours ago, jimmysandjoes said:

He's a 7th grader. Looks like they have plenty of other running backs. Obviously hasn't affected them the 3 games without him. 6-0

The Peewee program has helped turn the junior high program around. This is just the start of the talent that is on its way to the high school program. This is just the start of the talent influx coming up to high school and junior high programs. These kids will have TC football back on top for a while once they get into junior high and high school. 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:45 AM, RTD said:

The Peewee program has helped turn the junior high program around. This is just the start of the talent that is on its way to the high school program. This is just the start of the talent influx coming up to high school and junior high programs. These kids will have TC football back on top for a while once they get into junior high and high school. 

I recall 2-3 years ago hearing something similar about Calhoun, Gregory, Gunter, Atwood, etc.

But you go ahead and cling to that hope.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:40 AM, ghostofthepast2021 said:

I recall 2-3 years ago hearing something similar about Calhoun, Gregory, Gunter, Atwood, etc.

But you go ahead and cling to that hope.

That was web those kids were Sophomores and Freshmen. All three turned out to be really good but the team around them not so much. The next two years will be really tough for this program. The talent in TC is still developing and really young. Just look at Junior high that's a sign of what's to come. 

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

Agree next year will be really bad. Similar to 2022. But shouldn’t they improve some and be competitive in 2025 when the current 8th graders are in the 10th grade? And then 2026 is back to being good? 

That's what I'm thinking. I also think we will have a lot of freshman-skill players starting or getting a lot of playing time next year. The talent is there a lot of it just very young right now.

• Like 1