Football on the Plateau is dying

imakebigputts

personally I think the biggest difference in the schools is the mentality of schools. Stone has never been shy to hire coaches from out of town and bring in new ideas. I think they only have one or two coaches in all the sports that are from Crossville. The rest bring ideas and winning culture of other places. Cumberland seems to really only hire local coaches other than football. And even in football, they hire a HC from out of town and then dont let him bring more than one or two guys with him. 

I don't think one school is more rich than the other. We have just as many doctors, lawyers, dentists and community support at CCHS as they do across town, but the leadership at CC has never let us grow or change. They just like to do things the way they always have and the parents seem to complain and whine here more instead of figuring out ways to raise money and get nicer things. 

5 hours ago, imakebigputts said:

personally I think the biggest difference in the schools is the mentality of schools. Stone has never been shy to hire coaches from out of town and bring in new ideas. I think they only have one or two coaches in all the sports that are from Crossville. The rest bring ideas and winning culture of other places. Cumberland seems to really only hire local coaches other than football. And even in football, they hire a HC from out of town and then dont let him bring more than one or two guys with him. 

I don't think one school is more rich than the other. We have just as many doctors, lawyers, dentists and community support at CCHS as they do across town, but the leadership at CC has never let us grow or change. They just like to do things the way they always have and the parents seem to complain and whine here more instead of figuring out ways to raise money and get nicer things. 

Stone has the support of the Principal and school administration. Cumberland’s Principal was not a sports person at all. My daughter played 2 sports at Cumberland and neither sport got any support from the school. It was frustrating to basically fund everything and the players get no support.

Even the winning sport of basketball was held up by the school. The team wanted the players introduced with the lights off and music and the principal said no.

His belief was that sports was a distraction to the kids learning.

Give the new guy time.