Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

41 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

We had clowns booing last night…

As another poster said, there is still an opportunity to get healthy, get better, and win some important games

Can't blame that one on me because I stayed home and watched on NFHS. Three places I go to I take my blood pressure before and after going into Lowe's, Home Depot and the past two years a Maryville High Football games. When I go back to my truck I check to see how dangerously  upset those places make me. After watching NFHS I regret I didn't go because the camera operator missed half the game. I even got so mad I called police dispatch and told them there was a drunk operating the camera at the Maryville game and they need to check it out.

46 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Can't blame that one on me because I stayed home and watched on NFHS. Three places I go to I take my blood pressure before and after going into Lowe's, Home Depot and the past two years a Maryville High Football games. When I go back to my truck I check to see how dangerously  upset those places make me. After watching NFHS I regret I didn't go because the camera operator missed half the game. I even got so mad I called police dispatch and told them there was a drunk operating the camera at the Maryville game and they need to check it out.

I heard your call on the scanner.

image.thumb.jpeg.3a766c76183bc043e78e284823de0e33.jpeg

On 9/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, SweetScience said:

No offense, but from what I’ve seen the players just aren’t there at Maryville that have always been there. There’s only so much a staff can do, when you ain’t got the jimmy’s and joe’s. Plus Ladue being out, and isn’t the QB a backup as well? That’s tough to overcome.

Not buying that 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:23 PM, MurphyCollege said:

I heard your call on the scanner.

image.thumb.jpeg.3a766c76183bc043e78e284823de0e33.jpeg

Please don't let Otis Campbell operate the camera anymore. Hard to tell what's going on when the action is happening close to Cedar Street but the camera is poined at Don Story Weight Room. First time I've got sea sick watching a football game.  I personally like to watch football games that are showing where the action is going on with the ball not the blockers and the ball carrier not on the screen.

On 9/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, SweetScience said:

They were top notch from 2010-2012, but, yeah, haven’t been much since. 

Maryville's biggest problem is Oakland.  When you're not winning state Championships, players that are deciding where they'll go will go somewhere else.  Both Alcoa and Marville have benefitted from players moving into their zones for quite a while.  Their continued success brings players in.  I'm not saying they're recruiting, because I don't have any evidence of that.  But it's no secret that kids will move in to a successful program.  

Over the last few years not as many of those players are moving in.  They're very obvioiusly still moving in to Alcoa.  In fact, I'd imagine that some chose alcoa over Maryvill.  Unless you stem the dismal tide, it's only gonna get worse.

The last State Championship was 2019.  Have to wonder if it's too late to recover.

8 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Maryville's biggest problem is Oakland.  When you're not winning state Championships, players that are deciding where they'll go will go somewhere else.  Both Alcoa and Marville have benefitted from players moving into their zones for quite a while.  Their continued success brings players in.  I'm not saying they're recruiting, because I don't have any evidence of that.  But it's no secret that kids will move in to a successful program.  

Over the last few years not as many of those players are moving in.  They're very obvioiusly still moving in to Alcoa.  In fact, I'd imagine that some chose alcoa over Maryvill.  Unless you stem the dismal tide, it's only gonna get worse.

The last State Championship was 2019.  Have to wonder if it's too late to recover.

We will see. I hear they still have a lot of talent in the wings at the lower levels, just have to wait and see. I mean, everyone knew it would come to an end eventually, even their own fans, you just can’t keep up that level of success in this imperfect world. It’ll happen to Alcoa, as well as Oakland too eventually. That’s just the way life goes.

Edited by SweetScience

24 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

They can't accept tuition students because somebody wasn't watching in the school building is packed like a sardine can.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They can't accept tuition students because somebody wasn't watching in the school building is packed like a sardine can.

You are 100 % Correct they can't accept tuition student's like they use to because the school is at capacity. I had a client of mine sell his lake lot in Louisville that he was going to build his dream home on because he wanted his daughter to still be able to attend Maryville.  They kept the house in the Maryville Zone so that could happen.  I wonder what the plan is for Maryville and the Capacity problem? Do they Annex WB into the City System?  Do they build upward at the school?  They can't really build out unless they can buy up all the residential properties that sit next to it.

1 hour ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

They have already done a good job of that. They are still buying as we type. 

I guess Blount County isn't updating their Tax records then because the only think close to the school Maryville City owns is 207 Cunningham Rd, 212 and 218 Melrose, and 805 Mountain view Rd. (Still need 4 other people to sell to attached that block to the school property)  All the other directly behind the school is in Individuals name.  That area is going for a pretty penny right now