Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

I know im gonna get flack for this one but ive seen better West teams than this one go there and absolutely get run off the field so if West wins this one - ill be shocked.

Maryville is still a program and it takes a herculean type effort to not only beat them but beat them at their place. Theyll be plenty pissed off next week coming off this loss which doesnt make things easier.

Question for Maryville fans - when was the last time a team not named Oakland or Alcoa has won there or better yet from Knotts County?

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I know im gonna get flack for this one but ive seen better West teams than this one go there and absolutely get run off the field so if West wins this one - ill be shocked.

Maryville is still a program and it takes a herculean type effort to not only beat them but beat them at their place. Theyll be plenty pissed off next week coming off this loss which doesnt make things easier.

Question for Maryville fans - when was the last time a team not named Oakland or Alcoa has won there or better yet from Knotts County?

I think it was Knotts Central. But I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

MoWest 2001 eye thaink.......and rw87 wood bee corewreck......Knotts Centrull '99 playofts......:popcorneater:

One man don't make a team but I have saw at least six drives between the last two games that missing Gage was cut short of possibly scoring a touchdown. Three field goal attempts last night could of been three touchdowns. When I picked Bradley to win a major part of that reasoning had to do with only going into half against Central 17-0 squandering two touchdownsin that half. We did the same thing last night but to the wrong team and paid for it. This is a young team and I realize that, losing our best player may show in a few more games this year. I'm still happy with the progress with the team and all the hard work between the players and coaches during the off season. At one time we were the team everyone else wanted to be like and now a few have done so but many by different means that I don't really care for but that is todays new world. All of those teams that have caught up and passed us and everyone of them you may notice the leadership is all on board with the coaching. Long as our leadership is run by Woke United Methodist and the rest of these new wanker spankers we'll never be able to eradicate this woke fungus that has formed a new home in the halls of Maryville High. Have you not noticed that many of the teachers are retiring and leaving and some for the county schools and being replaced by out siders. Football has no benefit to these people and I've been on here for the past few years raising cain about it looking like someone trying to save the people on the Titanic with an intertube.

Edited by BarneySox2007

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

One man don't make a team but I have saw at least six drives between the last two games that missing Gage was cut short of possibly scoring a touchdown. Three field goal attempts last night could of been three touchdowns. When I picked Bradley to win a major part of that reasoning had to do with only going into half against Central 17-0 squandering two touchdownsin that half. We did the same thing last night but to the wrong team and paid for it. This is a young team and I realize that, losing our best player may show in a few more games this year. I'm still happy with the progress with the team and all the hard work between the players and coaches during the off season. At one time we were the team everyone else wanted to be like and now a few have done so but many by different means that I don't really care for but that is todays new world. All of those teams that have caught up and passed us and everyone of them you may notice the leadership is all on board with the coaching. Long as our leadership is run by Woke United Methodist and the rest of these new wanker spankers we'll never be able to eradicate this woke fungus that has formed a new home in the halls of Maryville High. Have you not noticed that many of the teachers are retiring and leaving and some for the county schools and being replaced by out siders. Football has no benefit to these people and I've been on here for the past few years raising cain about it looking like someone trying to save the people on the Titanic with an intertube.

Barn eye uhgree wif sum ov this......Butt we saw sum vurry vurry basick exxycueshun stuff thait we saw inn tha Oke Gridge scrimmich thait showed upp agin.......bad snaps etc......We haiv gots two cuntroll tha cuntrollables...

Sumbodee maid a commint laist nite thait Mairvul looked like a old sangull-wang teem......Eye jist hoap we haiv enuff sangull wang tailbaicks....eye meen quotabaicks two taik thait powndin fer 7 moore gaims.......wif West, Beer-Den, Cyunts Hil, Alcoee, Cleavlund, and Farrah-Gut comin upp....:unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Barn eye uhgree wif sum ov this......Butt we saw sum vurry vurry basick exxycueshun stuff thait we saw inn tha Oke Gridge scrimmich thait showed upp agin.......bad snaps etc......

Sumbodee maid a commint laist nite thait Mairvul looked like a old sangull-wang teem......Eye jist hoap we haiv enuff sangull wang tailbaicks....eye meen quotabaicks two taik thait powndin fer 7 moore gaims.......wif West, Beer-Den, Cyunts Hil, Alcoee, Cleavlund, and Farrah-Gut comin upp....:unsure:

Yes the bad snaps killed two series in the first half for sure. Tough job for these two boys playing qb this year to deal with. Very hard position to play knowing a split secong after you snap that ball some giant on the other side of you has a major advantage to hit you before you can raise up.

4 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Good post. From what I watched of west against beerden, if the stud running back wasn't playing for west, then these two teams would be very even talent wise. But he is playing, and west should like their chances. The don't quit attitude vs beerden was herculean.

I hope murvil can keep it close.

I guess I'm a little Old School but I'm not a fan at all of the 3 Man Line on defense . Big Difference if you're walking a linebacker up to the line of scrimmage , but I'm not seeing that a lot . To me it's playing Tentative and Maryville these last 20 years has not beaten superior teams by playing tentative . Especially in High School , pressure on a QB can be very disruptive .  Same thing on Offense , we played 3 yards and a cloud of dust predictable Football for most of the game but with 4 minutes left we opened up the Offense with a lot of success . It's really hard to beat a team that's more athletic by playing predictable . Maryville has been really unlucky these past 2 years by losing 2 D1 RB's who are absolute studs ...

Last year when Vaughn went down we got to see just how great Ladue was ... this year we don't have a D1 backup . I remember wondering last year just how good could Maryville have been if we were actually using both of those great Running backs to run the ball instead of Ladue just mainly being a glorified Blocking Guard . I remember a time though unlike last year that even with a Stud RB we were very diverse on Offense and could never predict what our Offense might do ... I totally understand the Benefits of having a Team that can grind it out on the Ground but being one dimensional has definitely not been Maryville's keys to winning these last 20 years . 

• Thanks 1

As much as Id love to see West win...i think Maryville wins this one and wins quite easily.

I think West will keep it close for a qtr before Maryville flexes its mucles thru the air much like Farragut...

Someone else other than #2 and #6 needs to step up for the Rebels for them to have a chance.

Hoping for a miracle...Go West1