Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, strongx said:

It’s a complement to that program to maintain the success they have had with three different head coaches.

If i had to rank them it would be

1. Brown

2. Cummings

3. Harig

and i would also say West has had the talent to overcome some poor coaching at times throughout the years, No shot at any of the coaches.

10 hours ago, AllVol2012 said:

Before i got to high school in 08’ West was not household name it is today, the knox county rezoning in 2009 was a big boost for the school. Pulling in more kids from fulton on one side and more bearden kids on the other end, definitely gave the school a greater pool of athletes to choose from. Not just football, West has been dominant in track and basketball as well. 

They lost talent in that redone as well.  I would highly suspect the development of their youth league was part of that success.  

I will say West becomming successful has also rubbed certain teams wrong to the point that youll see random posters take shots about recruiting and such instead of giving credit where credit is due. (Seems like Maryville and Alcoa fans are the ones that give credit along with some Oak Ridge fans).

I also think that certain teams changing classifications along with teams that were powerful once upon a time that fell off their horses opened the door for the Rise of the Revels!

Go West!

6 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I will say West becomming successful has also rubbed certain teams wrong to the point that youll see random posters take shots about recruiting and such instead of giving credit where credit is due. (Seems like Maryville and Alcoa fans are the ones that give credit along with some Oak Ridge fans).

I also think that certain teams changing classifications along with teams that were powerful once upon a time that fell off their horses opened the door for the Rise of the Revels!

Go West!

Being an older Maryville fan l remember well when West was the whipping boy for every school in Knoxville. I remember one time seeing a team picture with only 18 kids either in the 70's or early 80's. Even when Knoxville High broke up into four schools West was always the weakest. The turning point was Scott Cummings and he helped turn the hunted into the hunter. Love seeing things like this.

• Like 1

Looks like a good ball game to see.  West is talented and young too, they have pulled off some big wins in close games with Bearden and Farragut, Maryville is down but not out, they still have the organization and discipline they always have, the loss of LaDue impacts their running game until they can get another back settled in, meanwhile they have to be able to throw the ball too.  I look for this one to be low scoring with the Maryville defense and special teams giving them enough edge to pull out a home win, 21-14,

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Only if we're eating turkey Thanksgiving instead of steaks off the grill that morning. Long as Gaddis don't try to micromanage him he is there to stay. Just makes me think though when they had that scoreboard malfunction how fast he was on that field. It looked like pop goes the weasel he was off at sideline so fast. I'm just joking about the turkey and the steak but this is a very young team and they didn't quit the other night or that score could have been 42 to 7. That's all I care is just don't quit.

I for one am a fan of non traditional food for Thanksgiving. I thought it was funny he consistently stepped in front of the camera. He can't just go away and enjoy retirement. Im interested to see how Rang does after this Sr class leaves at OR anyone could win with 22 at RB and 3 at WR. 

So Maryville is down QB1 as well as RB1?

18 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I for one am a fan of non traditional food for Thanksgiving. I thought it was funny he consistently stepped in front of the camera. He can't just go away and enjoy retirement. Im interested to see how Rang does after this Sr class leaves at OR anyone could win with 22 at RB and 3 at WR. 

So Maryville is down QB1 as well as RB1?

His track record says he'll be fine. OR has a Soph WR that looked pretty good against Powell

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

His track record says he'll be fine. OR has a Soph WR that looked pretty good against Powell

They do lose 3 and 22, but they are playing a ton of 10th graders.  Return nearly the entire o-line and qb.  The skill positions are in good shape as well.  Very young at lb and db.  They'll be good again next year.