Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

4 minutes ago, strongx said:

West has had some really good teams (understatement) the past ten yrs or so that I remember. How long now have they been so successful? It seems they’ve had a few coaches during that same time, haven’t they? Some gooder things must be going on over there in West knottsvil. What’s the secret?

Everyone from the superintendent ,principal and even the janitor are all on board and rowing in the same direction the football program is. That my friend is why Maryville football has slipped a notch or two. This overcrowding of the high school was well known 15 years ago and what did we do, nothing. If Boo Carter lived in the parking lot of the Blount County library Maryville High couldn't accept him as a tuition student. If a teacher at Maryville High has a kid and they live in the county then that rule don't apply to them. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Everyone from the superintendent ,principal and even the janitor are all on board and rowing in the same direction the football program is. That my friend is why Maryville football has slipped a notch or two. This overcrowding of the high school was well known 15 years ago and what did we do, nothing. If Boo Carter lived in the parking lot of the Blount County library Maryville High couldn't accept him as a tuition student. If a teacher at Maryville High has a kid and they live in the county then that rule don't apply to them. 

Barn maybee we knead two 'Vette thes teechurs beefour harin' tham then......

Maik shore thay gott sum kidz wif goodur 40 times and banch prass nummburrs mommies and diddies gits harred.....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, strongx said:

West has had some really good teams (understatement) the past ten yrs or so that I remember. How long now have they been so successful? It seems they’ve had a few coaches during that same time, haven’t they? Some gooder things must be going on over there in West knottsvil. What’s the secret?

Before i got to high school in 08’ West was not household name it is today, the knox county rezoning in 2009 was a big boost for the school. Pulling in more kids from fulton on one side and more bearden kids on the other end, definitely gave the school a greater pool of athletes to choose from. Not just football, West has been dominant in track and basketball as well. 

19 minutes ago, AllVol2012 said:

Before i got to high school in 08’ West was not household name it is today, the knox county rezoning in 2009 was a big boost for the school. Pulling in more kids from fulton on one side and more bearden kids on the other end, definitely gave the school a greater pool of athletes to choose from. Not just football, West has been dominant in track and basketball as well. 

I'm pretty sure there basketball team broke 500 for the first time in ages this last year.  so no.  That's not true.

I wonder if it will be kickoff time Friday night before everybody on Coach T realizes who will be missing in the Maryville line up. I've heard it all morning on the radio and actually knew about it Saturday morning. Out of respect I won't say who or what but it is out there in the media. Just another doggone game changer for us.

35 minutes ago, AllVol2012 said:

Maryville on the other hand has really solid athletic programs pretty much across the board.