Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Only if we're eating turkey Thanksgiving instead of steaks off the grill that morning. Long as Gaddis don't try to micromanage him he is there to stay. Just makes me think though when they had that scoreboard malfunction how fast he was on that field. It looked like pop goes the weasel he was off at sideline so fast. I'm just joking about the turkey and the steak but this is a very young team and they didn't quit the other night or that score could have been 42 to 7. That's all I care is just don't quit.

If you think that's possible then you don't know Gaddis. He didn't micromanage his staff and he don't micromanage nobody. Who dat think they gonna manage DR?

2 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I for one am a fan of non traditional food for Thanksgiving. I thought it was funny he consistently stepped in front of the camera. He can't just go away and enjoy retirement. Im interested to see how Rang does after this Sr class leaves at OR anyone could win with 22 at RB and 3 at WR. 

So Maryville is down QB1 as well as RB1?

QB 2 is good as QB 1 so not worried there. Rang is the best thing to happen to Oak Ridge since Jack Armstrong and Emory Hale. If the administration at Maryville (Woke United Methodist} keep climbing the great Woke Oak Tree out in front of the building while bringing more on board to climb with them I may be going to Oak Ridge myself to watch football games.

2 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I for one am a fan of non traditional food for Thanksgiving. I thought it was funny he consistently stepped in front of the camera. He can't just go away and enjoy retirement. Im interested to see how Rang does after this Sr class leaves at OR anyone could win with 22 at RB and 3 at WR. 

So Maryville is down QB1 as well as RB1?

Joe Gaddis retired as Head Coach then was offered the Athletic Directors job and took it. So he has a reason to be there but needs to give Derek Rang plenty of room.

6 minutes ago, bounder said:

Joe Gaddis retired as Head Coach then was offered the Athletic Directors job and took it. So he has a reason to be there but needs to give Derek Rang plenty of room.

Micromanage?  You kidding me? He didn't even micromanage his own staff and program.  That's why he is no longer the HC. Plus Rang will not be told what to do, he's already made a couple hires where he has gone against the AD wishes/preference.  Some might say "went over his head" and hired who he wanted 

Edited by oridgecat

5 minutes ago, bounder said:

When I saw him come off the sidelines when that clock malfunctioned it reminded me of Fulmer running around on the sidelines watching over Pruitt.

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

They do lose 3 and 22, but they are playing a ton of 10th graders.  Return nearly the entire o-line and qb.  The skill positions are in good shape as well.  Very young at lb and db.  They'll be good again next year.  

Norris WR will be all by himself as far as I can tell. He doesn't get all the attention now with 3 & 13 there. Next year he will be the only above average WR. No one on the roster can fill 22's shoes. I think he would be the starting Rb for any team in the 5starpreps coverage area. They'll still win the region due to lack of competitive teams in it. Next cycle they will be bumped to 6A again, then we will see how good they will be. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The deal with Cummings being let go has a certain smell to it. maybe they butted heads who knows. Rang will do well at OR. 

What really happened there? I know the record was not great but didn't they make it to quarter finals when the previous HC went 3-8 with a lot of mid season coaching changes....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Norris WR will be all by himself as far as I can tell. He doesn't get all the attention now with 3 & 13 there. Next year he will be the only above average WR. No one on the roster can fill 22's shoes. I think he would be the starting Rb for any team in the 5starpreps coverage area. They'll still win the region due to lack of competitive teams in it. Next cycle they will be bumped to 6A again, then we will see how good they will be. 

We got some talented WRs on the freshman team, they’ll be fine. Oak Ridge never has had a lack of athletes. I’ve been keeping up with the program for over 40 years, and there’s always someone who ends up stepping up.

Edited by SweetScience