Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

21 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I also find it "interesting" this game was call for lighting in the area a full hour before the storm would hit Greeneville? Especially after Alcoa is driving the field before halftime. Greeneville is gassed. One defensive player is throwing up on the field. Greenville players get a personal foul for language. Alcoa has a 1st down at the Greeneville 29 yard line with 2:36 seconds before halftime. Knowing the storm is coming and the game "could" get called?? Hmmm.  

A personal  foul for Language.  Dang how soft is that. Plus a TD Called  Back for Holding . Humm.  Sure doesn't  sound like  the Home Team was catching  any Breaks  from The officials  does it. As far as the lightning  I am sure you or aware they have  that stupid  10 mile rule in TSSAA if it is on radar with in the 10 miles team's  go to the locker room. I personally  think that is a being a little  to cautious I mean shoot that's  all most half way to Johnson  City.but if it is a tssaa rule the refs  are going  to enforce it. I am having  a hard time with the conspiracy  theories 

1 minute ago, Greendevil87 said:

A personal  foul for Language.  Dang how soft is that. Plus a TD Called  Back for Holding . Humm.  Sure doesn't  sound like  the Home Team was catching  any Breaks  from The officials  does it. As far as the lightning  I am sure you or aware they have  that stupid  10 mile rule in TSSAA if it is on radar with in the 10 miles team's  go to the locker room. I personally  think that is a being a little  to cautious I mean shoot that's  all most half way to Johnson  City.but if it is a tssaa rule the refs  are going  to enforce it. I am having  a hard time with the conspiracy  theories 

When it is directed toward the opponent it will be called every time. 

Alcoa traveled 2 hours in three charter busses. I never saw one official, line judge, back judge or Ref get out the Alcoa busses.....

"Catching any breaks"....You mean "home cooking"?:rolleyes:

Here is my take on the game.

Greeneville dominated the first quarter and Alcoa gained momentum back in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6 and had the momentum before the weather delay. (Don't get me started on who ever made the play call to throw a roll out pass on your own 1 yard line instead of trying to get some breathing room and then run that play).  Alcoa had made adjustments and Greeneville needed to make them on the O side of the ball.  Greeneville was definitely gassed before half with so many players going both ways.  Alcoa needs to keep Graf as the QB and believe he is the better of the two QB's.  Pagach didn't look like a 3star QB with an Int (Almost threw two more). #7 Cannon is the cog that makes Alcoa's offense run and he is a great RB and LB.

I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish.

As for as the delay before the storm past over the stadium I can guarantee you they were following the NFHS Lightning Guidelines that states "When lightning-detection devices or mobile phone apps are available, this technology could be used to assist in making a decision to suspend play if a lightning strike is noted to be within 10 miles of the event location."  I know Greeneville put in a new weather detector this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

Here is my take on the game.

Greeneville dominated the first quarter and Alcoa gained momentum back in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6 and had the momentum before the weather delay. (Don't get me started on who ever made the play call to throw a roll out pass on your own 1 yard line instead of trying to get some breathing room and then run that play).  Alcoa had made adjustments and Greeneville needed to make them on the O side of the ball.  Greeneville was definitely gassed before half with so many players going both ways.  Alcoa needs to keep Graf as the QB and believe he is the better of the two QB's.  Pagach didn't look like a 3star QB with an Int (Almost threw two more). #7 Cannon is the cog that makes Alcoa's offense run and he is a great RB and LB.

I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish.

As for as the delay before the storm past over the stadium I can guarantee you they were following the NFHS Lightning Guidelines that states "When lightning-detection devices or mobile phone apps are available, this technology could be used to assist in making a decision to suspend play if a lightning strike is noted to be within 10 miles of the event location."  I know Greeneville put in a new weather detector this year.

For Sure! Great take on the Alcoa Offense.

Also, thank you for detailing the lightning-detection protocol's.

The restaurant recommendation was spot on! Food was unbelievable!!:hungry: 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Amen!!!! I had to delete my original rant. Heck I’m not sure why we would even need to play it. It’s a preconceived notion that Alcoa was just gonna run away with it by the Alcoa fans. Lol. We don’t even need to waste our time apparently 

Edited by Gvilledevil

16 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

When it is directed toward the opponent it will be called every time. 

Alcoa traveled 2 hours in three charter busses. I never saw one official, line judge, back judge or Ref get out the Alcoa busses.....

"Catching any breaks"....You mean "home cooking"?:rolleyes:

I thought the Personal Foul was because #65 ripped off an Alcoa players helmet (I'm sure he said something too) and #65 definitely deserved it.  As for the holding penalty it definitely was and wouldn't have been if #4 for Greeneville wouldn't have thrown him down on the kick out block coming out of the backfield.

• Like 1

Going in I thought Alcoa would be the dominant team.  After watching what little was played, I'd have to rethink that position.  Both teams looked fairly even with Greeneville having momentum early on then Alcoa wrestling it away right before the half. 

So,  even steven.    Pucker up and kiss each other.  Tie ballgame. :razz:

And, Oh yeah,  My Pirates would beat you both.   :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

run scared, lose all credit.

If you think the Greeneville Players or Coaches were scared then you are sadly mistaken.  Like i said in a previous post "I also think people need to Call out Steve Starnes (The Greeneville Superintendent) for not at least waiting until midnight if the Alcoa Superintendent agreed to a midnight cutoff.  I also would like to see the game made up because it was a slug fest between tow great teams.  I can guarantee you players on both sides are feeling beat up today and cheated they didn't get to finish."  I wasn't happy with Starnes decision but don't put that on the players and coaches. I could see your point if Greeneville was getting clubbed like a baby seal but they weren't and was in a rock fight of a game.