Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

15 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Sometimes we forget this is just a high school football game being played by teenagers.What’s even worse some of these kids act better than some of the adults on Coacht.I’m just as aggrieved as everyone else but I think it’s time to move on and get ready for the rest of the season.

Well stated

56 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You are right, but man it really bites to not be able to finish.    I don't know how many times I have heard something like

"Greeneville only plays cupcakes like Volunteer, why don't they play a real team, huh???     Like Alcoa, yeah, I'd pay good money to see that..."

Then it finally happens but it doesn't....

For any school in NET to schedule a game with Alcoa as DB and Greeneville have over the years,it's really something for the local fans to see the best program in the state . Yes it really stinks not to see how it plays out. Hey,sometimes a cupcake like Austin Peay can make things interesting.Glad the Vols were not playing Appalachian state or maybe that UT from another state.

• Upvote 1

When Alcoa, Greeneville, Maryville, Elizabethton and other top teams play each other, fans get excited! Beating up on the same ole teams every year in Region is boring. I’ve enjoyed playing different teams from different Regions and Classes over the last 4-5 years. There’s that unknown element that makes it more interesting. And now, you see teams looking outside of the state for games. I got to watch Asheville at DB last Friday night while Betsy was off. Watched the Alcoa game against the NY team on NFHS. It’s also good to watch other talent and see where we (East TN) stacks up. Variety really is the spice of life!