Cleveland at Farragut

FHS_Admiral

On 9/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, ttitan27 said:

Not always.  Yeah it didn't  work out well for tygard at Blackman.  I don't believe it made a difference in a single game last year in favor of them.  It gave lots of opposing teams great field position though.

So I'm assuming he still is...:lol::lol:

Not that many people remember it .but there was a few times the onside kick did make a difference.  Like the Riverdale game. They had two possessions they might not have had. Including a line drive kick to the front man that led to a recovery and a score and the final kick to Riverdale where a few plays later they ran the swinging gate. Oh yeah and might wanna look at the Gallatin game . Just sayin it did put some points on the board

• Like 1

Still waiting to see the high powered offense of Cleveland take off. Hurts them that the QB went down week 1. I watched them in the preseason a couple times and it seemed penalties killed them most drives that were unsuccessful, and I hear this problem is still relevant. Cleveland needs this to be a competitive game or their season could start to tumble ;)

Farragut 31

Cleveland 20

Just now, Blaze45 said:

same for Gallatin game...haters gonna hate..."It's not how I played ball so it's stupid"mentality

I had not read the whole thread when I poasted! It's different, and I understand the math but sometimes I still cringe. Old dogs (I qualify). Are you traveling to Summit? If not come to the Thorne tonight and watch the Cougars.

1 minute ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I had not read the whole thread when I poasted! It's different, and I understand the math but sometimes I still cringe. Old dogs (I qualify). Are you traveling to Summit? If not come to the Thorne tonight and watch the Cougars.

I've been told I am not welcome at the Blaze games...funny thing,,, Posters get on here and bash coaches and run programs down, while I stood up for and behind Shadowens, Watson and Hartsfield and yes for Coach T as well because I believed them to be good men and good coaches with a heart for the kids and the program,  and the moment I say I don't think this was the right move, I am the devil himself. I sat through a lot of tough seasons. practices, scrimmages and cheered no matter what.... I might take this season off, as a bunch of the posters will be gone after this season 

42 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

same for Gallatin game...haters gonna hate..."It's not how I played ball so it's stupid"mentality

It's not hating to point to the futility of attempting a low percentage play every time a team kicks off. I'd be interested to find out how what Blackman's percentage of recovered kicks was

31 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I've been told I am not welcome at the Blaze games...funny thing,,, Posters get on here and bash coaches and run programs down, while I stood up for and behind Shadowens, Watson and Hartsfield and yes for Coach T as well because I believed them to be good men and good coaches with a heart for the kids and the program,  and the moment I say I don't think this was the right move, I am the devil himself. I sat through a lot of tough seasons. practices, scrimmages and cheered no matter what.... I might take this season off, as a bunch of the posters will be gone after this season 

Nothing wrong with saying you disagree at the time of the hire, but your still going on about it 6 months after the fact. Blackman has made the playoffs every year since 2009, there hasn't been many years in their history where they have been bad, so pushing the reset button is going to happen from time to time 

• Upvote 1