AP 3A

Indian

Yes, GP lost last week.

As a social media guy I love rankings. They get the fanbase hype. However, also being a media guy I can say that these polls are not very reliable. Limited participation with more emphasis on politics and guessing where a team will finish than where they should truly be ranked. I believe the 2A poll says six of the ten teams receive at least one first place vote and despite a 10-4 first place vote disparity, there’s a tie at the top between Milan and Riverside.

Edited by tennesseeannouncer
Typo

On 9/6/2023 at 4:58 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Covington was done dirty by the voters. Road losses to the state's #3 team in 3A and the state's #4 team in 5A and they drop them to 9th. 

But, what I love about high school football is that these polls are meaningless. There is no selection committee to pick playoff teams. We have a playoff system and all deserving teams get a shot to win and advance. It’s all decided on the field.

Covington fans are fine, knowing that we will get a chance to win and advance or to lose and go home. 

• Like 1