Crockett vs Huntingdon

Cavaliers9814

We make the trip up to Carroll  county next Friday night I expect this to be a smash mouth hard nosed football game I know Huntingdon is very talented this year and physical but if you haven’t seen this Crockett team play yet then we ourselves have some guys that love the physicality also! Idk really know a prediction here. We’re big on stopping the run and I know Huntingdon likes doing that so let’s see if we can stand the test go cavs

Edited by Cavaliers9814
Wrong word

• Cavaliers9814 changed the title to Crockett vs Huntingdon
5 minutes ago, Waker said:

If you go to Weakley Co next Friday you’ll miss the game. :D Huntingdon is Carroll Co. 

It should be a physical game. Huntingdons next 3 games will be tough. Crockett, Milan and Riverside.

Yeah that’s a tough stretch but this time of year teams usually get in those tough stretches I can’t remember the last time Crockett and Huntingdon played but I’m expecting a very exciting game 

1 minute ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

Yeah that’s a tough stretch but this time of year teams usually get in those tough stretches I can’t remember the last time Crockett and Huntingdon played but I’m expecting a very exciting game 

@Croppygenius can probably tell you. It should be a good one. Huntingdon looks to be getting some things figured out. They were really physical tonight and causing turnovers. The Mustangs just can’t start out flat against quality opponents. 

We could have very easily shut south side out lastnight  we totally controlled the line of scrimmage, like coach ward said lastnight there were 2 busted plays that costed you a shut out, our run defense has been fantastic this year but our line backers are going to have to get off double teams in this game to be able to keep ourselves in the game, I figured Huntingdon they favored heavy on the eubanks kid running? I know in years past with Warbritten kids they was heavy QB run 

9 minutes ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

We could have very easily shut south side out lastnight  we totally controlled the line of scrimmage, like coach ward said lastnight there were 2 busted plays that costed you a shut out, our run defense has been fantastic this year but our line backers are going to have to get off double teams in this game to be able to keep ourselves in the game, I figured Huntingdon they favored heavy on the eubanks kid running? I know in years past with Warbritten kids they was heavy QB run 

QB still runs his fair share, but we do quite a bit less of the QB runs than in the Warbritton days. Also have a possibility of the pass outside of just 3rd and long now.

I still expect Huntingdon to win this one, but they won't be able to skate through. Gonna need to execute and play a clean game this week.

10 hours ago, Waker said:

@Croppygenius can probably tell you. It should be a good one. Huntingdon looks to be getting some things figured out. They were really physical tonight and causing turnovers. The Mustangs just can’t start out flat against quality opponents. 

1st meeting between these two outstanding programs but we're very familiar with coach Ward. Our paths have crossed many times over the years. Great coach! I expect a chess match this Friday night that going to be great fun to watch and no better place to watch it than Paul Ward stadium.

20 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

1st meeting between these two outstanding programs but we're very familiar with coach Ward. Our paths have crossed many times over the years. Great coach! I expect a chess match this Friday night that going to be great fun to watch and no better place to watch it than Paul Ward stadium.

I’ve been looking back and never could find where these 2 teams have met, but thanks for the information, and I’ve never been to y’all’s stadium excited to make the trip Friday night! I’m expecting a win in the trenches game 

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

QB still runs his fair share, but we do quite a bit less of the QB runs than in the Warbritton days. Also have a possibility of the pass outside of just 3rd and long now.

I still expect Huntingdon to win this one, but they won't be able to skate through. Gonna need to execute and play a clean game this week.

I gotcha I knew those kids run the ball quiet a bit, I’m just anxious to see our defense against yalls offense because I know y’all physical and we have some from 7 guys that like that play