TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

After the screw job the officials did against Alcoa when they played Corbin a couple of years ago, I doubt any team wants to go to Corbin and play.....

That's why they need to play the home and home.  Kinda funny how that doesn't work as bad when you've gotta go to the other team's house!  Really a shame because there's some good possible matchups not getting played because of what they've done to people in that bowl game.

8 hours ago, NETNSportsFan said:

That's actually a good idea to change next's year's game to be home again for Elizabethton vs Boone. Won't help this year, but will make up for that lost revenue that Elizabethton missed out on this year. 

What I hate more than the revenue is for those seniors, they only had 4 home games scheduled as it was. This is their final season and the bulk of it will be played on the road. And before anyone starts saying that’s the administration’s fault for scheduling 6 away games, they had to in order to even get someone to play us! We have friends at Boone. My daughter went to preschool in J City with some of those kids. As they’ve gotten older, they only see each other a couple of times a year. This being the most fun event of them all. She can see her friends and cheer for the one that plays ball (Utsman), even though her current bf (HOLZER) plays for Betsy. Heck, we ended up hanging at the beach for a day this summer with Hagan Edwards and his family. We come from a great area with great people. No doubt. I just wish it could have been worked out. You talk about swapping home games next season. Remember, there is no next season for some of these boys. Let that sink in.

8 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Seems they need to take it out on the Head Coach and AD who couldn't get more games at home. 3 homes games and 7 away games....4 straight away games to start the season is an issue. Week 8 is the first home game now, heck I'm mad for you. 

When nobody wants to play you, you have to agree to away games or you have no games. The last two seasons we only had 9 games because we couldn’t find that 10th game. Some 5 and 6A teams avoid top tier 4A teams. At least Boone ain’t scared! They understand the benefits outweigh the results. I think everyone agrees each team comes away battle tested from those grudge matches. And it should be about gaining experience for the playoff run. Not wins or stats. If we wanted stats we could schedule local 1,2 and 3A schools. Like I said in an earlier post. The worst part is, for the seniors, there is no next season. No way to get back that home game they lost their senior year. I’ve told a few of them it’s an odd year (2023). So, all Region 1 champs can have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Just go out there, handle your business, and earn more home games. As much as loosing that home game against Boone hurts, I’m sure they’ll trade it for practicing on Thanksgiving Thursday again. (If you know, you know)

Edited by BigDaddyDave

28 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

When nobody wants to play you, you have to agree to away games or you have no games. The last two seasons we only had 9 games because we couldn’t find that 10th game. Some 5 and 6A teams avoid top tier 4A teams. At least Boone ain’t scared! They understand the benefits outweigh the results. I think everyone agrees each team comes away battle tested from those grudge matches. And it should be about gaining experience for the playoff run. Not wins or stats. If we wanted stats we could schedule local 1,2 and 3A schools. Like I said in an earlier post. The worst part is, for the seniors, there is no next season. No way to get back that home game they lost their senior year. I’ve told a few of them it’s an odd year (2023). So, all Region 1 champs can have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Just go out there, handle your business, and earn more home games. As much as loosing that home game against Boone hurts, I’m sure they’ll trade it for practicing on Thanksgiving Thursday again. (If you know, you know)

I know!!

8 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Maybe try to schedule someone like Alcoa. Greeneville had no problem getting them on their schedule 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Seeing Greeneville and Mo West have decided to play on Tuesday. Everyone can plainly see where the problem is.....And that is DANIEL BOONE... OH WE CAN'T PLAY ON MONDAY OUR LITTLE PLAYERS NEEDS THEIR REST....

14 hours ago, Booger said:

Booger thinkin the CyclonePrider ant gonna survive this ordeal.....

....the arrival at 100K per team is mindbogglin

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Booger not very good at math'en.......

5200 seats in Elizabethton almost always sold out especially the first game of the season especially 4-0, especially ranked #2 in the state at $8 and if everyone gets a $5 box of popcorn. Math.....

11 hours ago, highschoolfbfan777 said:

You're just mad you lost to a bunch of white boys witb pro coal families 

You?  Dude I haven’t played in 16 years so no I didn’t lose to anyone :lol:Also I’m not even an Alcoa fan but did see the game so unless you were there or have seen the game film I would recommend you shut up

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1