TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

14 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

.......... At least Boone ain’t scared! They understand the benefits outweigh the results.......

You are right, Boone is not afraid to play Elizabethton, but at the same time we all know what the outcome is going to be.    A few years ago I asked why we keep scheduling Eliz and the answer was we don't want to play all cupcakes.     I can also see your problem, once a program starts getting a lot of success then nobody lesser wants to play you because they know it will be a loss.     In most years Elizabethton can beat ALL area 5A & 6A teams.        And it really bites for the seniors to have only 3 home games this season, but hopefully you can make up for that by hosting several playoff games huh?

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You are right, Boone is not afraid to play Elizabethton, but at the same time we all know what the outcome is going to be.    A few years ago I asked why we keep scheduling Eliz and the answer was we don't want to play all cupcakes.     I can also see your problem, once a program starts getting a lot of success then nobody lesser wants to play you because they know it will be a loss.     In most years Elizabethton can beat ALL area 5A & 6A teams.        And it really bites for the seniors to have only 3 home games this season, but hopefully you can make up for that by hosting several playoff games huh?

Some of these local teams are going to start running into what Alcoa is dealing with this year.  I think one of their pick up games is a team from New York.  That's crazy, but it shows you that local teams are getting to the point where they just simply can not even compete with these programs.  I think for a stint of 5-6 years the only teams in our area that were beating Elizabethton and Greeneville were Elizabethton and Greeneville. That's 1A all the way up to 6A.  So the teams that step up are trying to make sure they keep having incredible competition or it's just a big money gate.  There is nothing else to it.  In the case of Alcoa, I think next go around they are going to have to look at where they get more games from their conference: 3A or 4A.  Betsy and Greeneville are in a pretty good place right now with having at least 6 games taken care of, but those last 4 aren't always going to work, as we saw from Betsy the last two years when they only had 9 games on the schedule.  I don't have a good answer for that.  Seems like they get their 6 conference games, they talk SH and DB into playing a game, then after that they need to find 2 teams that want another loss on their schedule.  Off to Knoxville they go looking for games.

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I told the guys I bet they would trade your game for a thanksgiving Thursday practice. Most just smiled and realized THEY control their destiny. So yeah, we’re going to get over it. Focus on getting better. And keep trying to go 1-0 every week. Region 1 champs get to host throughout the playoffs. Just keep winning. 

4 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Seeing Greeneville and Mo West have decided to play on Tuesday. Everyone can plainly see where the problem is.....And that is DANIEL BOONE... OH WE CAN'T PLAY ON MONDAY OUR LITTLE PLAYERS NEEDS THEIR REST....

I'd be okay if someone shut your lying account down.  You keep avoiding actual facts and spewing lies.  The home team cancelled the game rather than playing late.  The reschedule date is supposed to be predetermined.  (it obviously wasn't).  Those are both things Elizabethton is responsible for. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

If it's so hard for them to find games, why don't they just play a series with some of the big Knoxville teams.  I'd imagine Farragut, Bearden, Powell, and West would all love to play Elizabethton since they struggle to fill their schedules.

5 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Booger not very good at math'en.......

5200 seats in Elizabethton almost always sold out especially the first game of the season especially 4-0, especially ranked #2 in the state at $8 and if everyone gets a $5 box of popcorn. Math.....

thats gotta be some darn good corn their popping....been by that FB venue many many times on way over to mallard cove

Booger just sayin :thumb:

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

If it's so hard for them to find games, why don't they just play a series with some of the big Knoxville teams.  I'd imagine Farragut, Bearden, Powell, and West would all love to play Elizabethton since they struggle to fill their schedules.

This would just be a guess, but all the teams you mention above are 5A or 6A and perhaps they don't want to risk losing to a 4A school.      I suppose that Boone does not mind losing every year if they think it helps the team improve and get more ready for the playoffs.     But this is all guess-work about the Knoxville area teams, maybe some of their fans closer to those programs could chime in

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

This would just be a guess, but all the teams you mention above are 5A or 6A and perhaps they don't want to risk losing to a 4A school.      I suppose that Boone does not mind losing every year if they think it helps the team improve and get more ready for the playoffs.     But this is all guess-work about the Knoxville area teams, maybe some of their fans closer to those programs could chime in

Bearden and West both schedule Alcoa so that doesn't seem to fit into their logic.  Only schools i've heard people avoiding in Knoxville are the private schools and I think that's for a whole different reason.

2 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

8+5= 13

13 x 5200= 67,600

Math.  You only missed by 33,000.

At that time MO WEST hadn't stepped up and will play Greeneville on Tuesday. There is nothing stopping Daniel Boone from doing the same except for FEAR....

67,600 Elizabethton 

67,600 Greeneville 

>$100k

Popcorn was an example now add drinks, hotdogs, cowtails, pickles, hamburgers, programs, t-shirts, seat cushions, cowbells, corn dogs, candy bars, most folks spend way more than $5 at a Cyclone Football game.

That makes our season tickets $22 per game.

None of that revenue comes to our programs thanks to the coaches at Daniel Boone. They are even refuseing to pay the $5000 contract Daniel Boone had for the game and are demanding they get to keep their home game against Elizabethton next year instead of playing it in Elizabethton. TSSAA needs to hold them accountable l. They are hurting the kids and the other programs that depend on that revenue.

Edited by CyclonePrider