TSSAA should suspend Daniel Boone from all Post Season play.

CyclonePrider

5 hours ago, pressboxhero1979 said:

Don't know when but that move for Alcoa up to 4A is a very likely possibility which Elizabethton definitely doesn't want.

A bit different than what was it, 8 years ago when they elected to play up in 4A?  Betsy is on the bigger side of schools in the conference now, true 4A numbers last I checked.  

17 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

It's the last sentence of #2 in the contract..

"2. Only officials registered with TSSAA shall be used if the game is played in Tennessee.  Names of the officials shall be submitted to the visiting school for approval at least five days before the date of the contest.  The home team shall be the judge of weather conditions.  In case of rain, the game will be played on:___________________________ "

btw, this is why you should have to pass an IQ test to vote...

Dear brightest bulb,  the Elizabethton v Daniel Boone game didn't get rained out. Heck it's not even scheduled to be played until  this Friday it was CANCELED BY BOONE IN VIOLATION OF THE CONTRACT...It was the Boone v Mo West  game that got rained/lightninged out. When did their contract say they would play in case of rain? I bet a dime to a donut it wasn't the following Thursday Night Canceling all the other games. The Boone Coach's decided it on the fly like the press article said. They had to many kids and coaches going to the TN game so Saturday didn't work for them and Sunday would not work for Mo west. If the contract with Elizabethton says in case of rain out they play Saturday, so is Boone going to play Saturday? They made up all the confrence games take priority... it says that nowhere... they both could have taken a no contest if they could not have played in accordance with their contact. There are provisions for ties in confrence play. They use the coin flip.

Edited by CyclonePrider

6 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Plenty of teams in Knoxville/Blount/Anderson Co. to schedule and work some home and homes with. 

We played William Blount for two seasons (19 & 20) and they dropped the series after only two years. And Rhea County (21 & 22) dropped us as well. I guess the 6A & 5A schools didn’t like loosing to the 4A school? We were able to sign Mo West and (Finally) Kingsport DB, but they require home games to get it. Similar situation with Greeneville (21 & 22) recently as well. Other teams dictated the location. They were flipped through. (Home/Away) 6/4 in 21 and 4/6 in 22. Bottom line is this. You can’t control Mother Nature. Play the games you can. Handle your business. And win. I’d like to see us schedule more Virginia, Kentucky or North Carolina games. There are plenty of teams within a two hour radius. I can drive to Pikeville, KY in the amount of time it takes to go to K-Town, and it’s a nicer/easier drive. May have to look into it. Kinda like moving to a different school where the girls don’t know you yet! ;) Maybe we can develop a quality rivalry somewhere. It is nice being able to have a flexible schedule. When I played, our region had 10 teams. Only 1 non-region game. Same teams every year, DB, Boone and TN High, South, East, North and Central, Volunteer and Science Hill. With Greeneville as the Region 2 team. Back when it was only A, AA and AAA. Fun times indeed!

10 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Dear brightest bulb,  the Elizabethton v Daniel Boone game didn't get rained out. Heck it's not even scheduled to be played until  this Friday it was CANCELED BY BOONE IN VIOLATION OF THE CONTRACT...It was the Boone v Mo West  game that got rained/lightninged out. When did their contract say they would play in case of rain? I bet a dime to a donut it wasn't the following Thursday Night Canceling all the other games. The Boone Coach's decided it on the fly like the press article said. They had to many kids and coaches going to the TN game so Saturday didn't work for them and Sunday would not work for Mo west. If the contract with Elizabethton says in case of rain out they play Saturday, so is Boone going to play Saturday? They made up all the confrence games take priority... it says that nowhere... they both could have taken a no contest if they could not have played in accordance with their contact. There are provisions for ties in confrence play. They use the coin flip.

this is really exhausting.

and you apparently don't also know that scheduled conference games have to be played and precedent over other games.  

Good news though.  Since you are certain that Boone violated the contract, TSSAA will rule in your favor.  nothing to worry about.

10 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

btw, here's the rule that states they have to play all other schools in their region:

2023-24 TSSAA Handbook  Page 1 August 15, 2023 FOOTBALL REGULATIONS 

p.2  IIIA. All teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

We played William Blount for two seasons (19 & 20) and they dropped the series after only two years. And Rhea County (21 & 22) dropped us as well. I guess the 6A & 5A schools didn’t like loosing to the 4A school? We were able to sign Mo West and (Finally) Kingsport DB, but they require home games to get it. Similar situation with Greeneville (21 & 22) recently as well. Other teams dictated the location. They were flipped through. (Home/Away) 6/4 in 21 and 4/6 in 22. Bottom line is this. You can’t control Mother Nature. Play the games you can. Handle your business. And win. I’d like to see us schedule more Virginia, Kentucky or North Carolina games. There are plenty of teams within a two hour radius. I can drive to Pikeville, KY in the amount of time it takes to go to K-Town, and it’s a nicer/easier drive. May have to look into it. Kinda like moving to a different school where the girls don’t know you yet! ;) Maybe we can develop a quality rivalry somewhere. It is nice being able to have a flexible schedule. When I played, our region had 10 teams. Only 1 non-region game. Same teams every year, DB, Boone and TN High, South, East, North and Central, Volunteer and Science Hill. With Greeneville as the Region 2 team. Back when it was only A, AA and AAA. Fun times indeed!

Majority of the teams if not all in Knox/Blount/Anderson are going to only want to do a home and home. As their is more than enough games here for those teams to fill their schedule. Nobody here would be afraid to play Elizabethton as most teams here play or have played Maryville, Alcoa, West etc. But if a game is needed, your coach/AD has a huge area to call from.