DB vs Asheville (NC) ?

DBKPT93

We played them a few times and they are on the level of DB/SH. They are a large school but underachieving and looking at them this season it seems they are a shell of their former selves. DB should win a close one. However don't let the blowout fool you. Providence Day has 2 espn top 300 guys. A 5 star and 4 star and a few 3 star players. So it's not like Asheville is losing to scrubs. 

Edited by EHSTrack06

7 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

We played them a few times and they are on the level of DB/SH. They are a large school but underachieving and looking at them this season it seems they are a shell of their former selves. DB should win a close one. However don't let the blowout fool you. Providence Day has 2 espn top 300 guys. A 5 star and 4 star and a few 3 star players. So it's not like Asheville is losing to scrubs. 

Providence Day also has the number rated player in the Country for the 2025 class in the ranking right now in the 247 rankings. When y’all played Asheville they had some D1 players. You still got screwed by the refs when you played them at Asheville.

8 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Providence Day also has the number rated player in the Country for the 2025 class in the ranking right now in the 247 rankings. When y’all played Asheville they had some D1 players. You still got screwed by the refs when you played them at Asheville.

The phantom holding call when Ryan Thomas scored.That was the Asheville coach 100th win.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Appvol said:

A few weeks ago the Erwin Asheville area school came to Boone and beat us 7-0, but they had 2 long TD runs called back due to holding.   You know how it is, everybody was looking 40 yards down the field and nobody in the stands saw the hold (or not), only the flag on the ground at the end of the play.     I really hope that wasn't some TN home-cooking but unfortunately sometimes it happens and I have heard about that Elizabethton holding call before so chances are the Cyclones got shafted on that one.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Not sure how they match up. No common opponents to judge from. I think they always have good athletes. All you need to beat DB is a good offensive line a decent QB and a couple of decent receivers. Or one good receiver. 

I have watch film of both teams , Bennett is better upfront , more depth. Asheville has lot more speed. Should be excellent game 

On 9/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, TribalEmpire said:

They're 1-2 with both losses (blowout losses at that) to Charlotte area schools.  

I have no idea what to expect.  No clue how talent level in NC compares to northeast Tennessee.

Asheville is down this season, probably average 4a in NC.  I have live in east Tennessee for last 5 years, football in NC is lot stronger then Tennessee.  Probably biggest reason is demographics.