South Pittsburg vs North Jackson (Border Battle III) Stone Cold vs that Hollis man

Southtowner

On 9/23/2023 at 1:36 PM, Southtowner said:

I saw PowerP at the game last night sitting up in the stands.

Late in the 4th quarter,  I looked towards the railroad tracks and caught a glimpse of the painted War Horse galloping back to South Pittsburg.  

Followed closely by the Goat of course. 

A49D8797-12CF-4EA1-AC70-4426614E3C15.gif.58f0dc42720974251946f179b2b1c650.gif

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Geno said:

Well I’ve always been told the Mercy rule was started because of South Pittsburg. Not sure just how true that is

Actually, it began in other states before being adopted by the NFHS and eventually used in Tennessee. Now over half of the country has a form of the mercy rule. Before that, either New Jersey or Connecticut even had a rule that if you won by more than 50 points then the coach received a one game suspension.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

11 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Actually, it began in other states before being adopted by the NFHS and eventually used in Tennessee. Now over half of the country has a form of the mercy rule. Before that, either New Jersey or Connecticut even had a rule that if you won by more than 50 points then the coach received a one game suspension.

Wes’s has done a good job getting the younguns in early 

On 9/15/2023 at 10:31 PM, Football27 said:

Anybody know if North Jackson is any better this year? If not SP by as much as they want after the game I saw last year between these two. 

From the looks of it SP doesn’t play any competition the whole year being on the east side of state. No wonder why they cake walk to finals every year. Which begs me to ask are they really that good year in and year out or are the rest of the teams just that bad? 

1 hour ago, VFL1997 said:

From the looks of it SP doesn’t play any competition the whole year being on the east side of state. No wonder why they cake walk to finals every year. Which begs me to ask are they really that good year in and year out or are the rest of the teams just that bad? 

This year the east is down as bad as it has been in years. This Friday will be a good measuring stuck as to where the Pirates truly are.

16 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

This year the east is down as bad as it has been in years. This Friday will be a good measuring stuck as to where the Pirates truly are.

I am in the west in a region in 2a where 5/8 teams in past years before the realignment consistently make deep play off/state championship runs every year. 

1 hour ago, VFL1997 said:

I am in the west in a region in 2a where 5/8 teams in past years before the realignment consistently make deep play off/state championship runs every year. 

I will answer this by saying or 1A, the caliber athletes SP produces on a year to year basis will keep them in the hunt more years than not. I agree with @The Drunken Sailor the competition in the east is bad this year. With SP hosting all home games but a possible semifinal they shouldn’t have a problem representing with all the talent they have this year. MTCS will be a huge test Friday for the Pirates.

52 minutes ago, powerp said:

I will answer this by saying or 1A, the caliber athletes SP produces on a year to year basis will keep them in the hunt more years than not. I agree with @The Drunken Sailor the competition in the east is bad this year. With SP hosting all home games but a possible semifinal they shouldn’t have a problem representing with all the talent they have this year. MTCS will be a huge test Friday for the Pirates.

Will playoff brackets continue their same home/away cycles with teams changing regions this year?