9/22 McKenzie travels to Bruceton

RedRebelman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HRB basically quit the season tonight from what i’m hearing , will be lucky to finish the season . HC has completely lost the team , players are tone deaf . Expect a change there after the season . It’s a shame because they have a lot of talent but that whole school system is toxic from top to bottom  . 

On 9/15/2023 at 11:27 PM, west10EZ said:

HRB basically quit the season tonight from what i’m hearing , will be lucky to finish the season . HC has completely lost the team , players are tone deaf . Expect a change there after the season . It’s a shame because they have a lot of talent but that whole school system is toxic from top to bottom  . 

Didn't this happen a few years ago? Or was it from the injury bug? I have a feeling that if this keeps happening, they will turn into Clarksburg and only have basketball and baseball/softball.  

Just for conversation, HRB record looks 1-4, averaging over 20 points a game & hit over 30 in a couple. That's not reord highs but that's probably better than some. Is the outlook really that bad for those kids? School? Program? Or just frustration setting in?

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

Just for conversation, HRB record looks 1-4, averaging over 20 points a game & hit over 30 in a couple. That's not reord highs but that's probably better than some. Is the outlook really that bad for those kids? School? Program? Or just frustration setting in?

To your point ,they hired a OC with experience coaching and playing  at the next level . I assume he will be the one to take over,  as it’s  the HC they want out of there and he’s the one over the defense if that tells you anything . According to my very close sources, those two aren’t always on the same page. Sometimes ..someone comes in that’s just better than you at your job and that can cause somewhat of a friction if you see the writing on the wall and players sense that . Bruceton jumped the gun hiring that middle school coach , he never won anything in middle school until he got that QB that could run  4.5 , now he won’t use him because he’s only 5’7  and wants his son to be the hero haha  . Anyways I got off track a little, there’s A LOT of friction from top to bottom in that school district as a whole  yes. HRB district is going to become a part of the Carroll County school district in the year 2025 -2026 timeframe, who knows what stems from that. They haven’t won a home game in 3 years , and they can’t keep players on the team long enough to develop into anything because that’s just what a losing culture develops , quitters and a toxic environment inside and outside the team circle . Parents, boosters , current coaching situation, old coach is still at the school, poor board…  all = a recipe for disaster. 

3 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

Didn't this happen a few years ago? Or was it from the injury bug? I have a feeling that if this keeps happening, they will turn into Clarksburg and only have basketball and baseball/softball.  

It was both injury bug , covid , quitters and the toxic environment. I agree with you , they are becoming a part of the Carroll County School District 25-26 time frame , there have been rumors of it dismantling and becoming a part of Huntingdon , but I can’t see that happening.. maybe in 20 or so years . 

1 hour ago, west10EZ said:

To your point ,they hired a OC with experience coaching and playing  at the next level . I assume he will be the one to take over,  as it’s  the HC they want out of there and he’s the one over the defense if that tells you anything . According to my very close sources, those two aren’t always on the same page. Sometimes ..someone comes in that’s just better than you at your job and that can cause somewhat of a friction if you see the writing on the wall and players sense that . Bruceton jumped the gun hiring that middle school coach , he never won anything in middle school until he got that QB that could run  4.5 , now he won’t use him because he’s only 5’7  and wants his son to be the hero haha  . Anyways I got off track a little, there’s A LOT of friction from top to bottom in that school district as a whole  yes. HRB district is going to become a part of the Carroll County school district in the year 2025 -2026 timeframe, who knows what stems from that. They haven’t won a home game in 3 years , and they can’t keep players on the team long enough to develop into anything because that’s just what a losing culture develops , quitters and a toxic environment inside and outside the team circle . Parents, boosters , current coaching situation, old coach is still at the school, poor board…  all = a recipe for disaster. 

That Bruceton fan base is a proud bunch

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Waker said:

That Bruceton fan base is a proud bunch

Oh for sure , They are starving to win again, the program has nice facilities , equipment, community support.. the athletes.. they just need someone to know what the heck they are doing to coach them . They must not pay real well there , they can’t compete to get the right level of coaching . Talent is there . 

Seems like the 5th or 6th season in a row we've heard this about Bruceton at around the midway point of the season.