Should Pants Cover The Players Knees?

I Love HS Football

Typical government bureaucracy. My son got speared in the back of the head in week 2. no foul. no ejection. Straight up dirty play. He gets  concussion cleared to play in week four and is promptly warned about his pants during pre-game. So logically I guess we value the knees over the brain. 

Also that transfer rule is enforced for some but not for others.

Seems that like the government at large, the state athletic commission has its priorities screwed up. 

Edited by astrosmoonpies
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

Of course why not? Football players have been using knee pads for a long time why is it an issue now? 

A large percentage of the states allow the high school players to wear the NCAA and NFL style cut pants.  

Edited by cbg

6 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They enforce this but let kids have a mouth piece dangling from their face mask.

And yes the transfer rule/no rule is crazy to me. They pick and choose what they want to be a stickler about. Knee pads don't stop anyone from hyperextension/ACL/ETC injuries.

Did you just try to compare the transfer rule the TSSAA has in place (because they do some people just know how to work the rule) with the knee pad rule that is an NFHS rule?  TSSAA can investigate a complaint on the transfer rule where the Official’s judgment is the knee pad rule.  You don’t have officials investigating player eligibility :roll:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

The buck stops at TSSAA. They'd rather focus on players' knees showing instead of checking these sudden boom of transfers

So you want the TSSAA to be at everyone’s home games to enforce a rule that the official can do…. You can’t be that obtuse but maybe you are