Gallatin visits Green Hill

runninblind

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I'm assuming you or the other poster knows something to be so adamant about not missing him.

Wish the young man well and hope he finds some success in life.  He had every opportunity here, no matter what anybody says.  But frankly we are better off without him and the team thinks so too.  End of story!

Burroughs is a good QB to be so young.  He will be tough to contain especially with that D1 tightend! 

20 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

He is the one posting in a thread that he doesn't "care" about. He just says stuff and tries to see what sticks, which nothing ever does. The only thing that's sticky is his fingers from eating Cheetos while typing out his useless post from the cellar. 

Oh the mighty greatone has spoken. The real question is what's he great at? And is it really just in his own head? 

MOJO

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Wish the young man well and hope he finds some success in life.  He had every opportunity here, no matter what anybody says.  But frankly we are better off without him and the team thinks so too.  End of story!

Burroughs is a good QB to be so young.  He will be tough to contain especially with that D1 tightend! 

I’ve spent some time around this kid and I can say I had nothing but good experiences. I’m not saying there weren’t issues, but I don’t believe those issues were solely him. I think perhaps a little of it comes from the team underachieving. He was clearly the best athlete in the team and that’s frustrating when you’re as talented as he is. I heard several negative things but honestly never saw them when I was around him. 

5 hours ago, eers said:

I’ve spent some time around this kid and I can say I had nothing but good experiences. I’m not saying there weren’t issues, but I don’t believe those issues were solely him. I think perhaps a little of it comes from the team underachieving. He was clearly the best athlete in the team and that’s frustrating when you’re as talented as he is. I heard several negative things but honestly never saw them when I was around him. 

So his actions are permitted because of the team underachieving under the last coach? The team is glad that he has moved on, and so is he. It's a win/win for everybody. But to cover for him like you are is pretty sketchy. I know your are a huge Gallatin non supporter in every way imaginable, but even this is a little surprising for you. But I'm definitely not going to let you make people that read these post and don't know what's going on believe that the current staff or players ever did anything to excuse his behavior. 

Edited by thegreatone36

6 hours ago, eers said:

Personally I want to just move on from this subject but I will address one thing you said.  When it comes to the team underachieving and being talented and you quit on the team, because that is what happened, it is solely a selfish issue not a team first issue.  The kid got exposure and catered too by the old staff nobody can deny that!  I know people around the program were asked to help the young man and many did.  He wanted to leave and he did, when he wanted to come back, the team voted “No”.  That says all I need to know.  

Now can we talk about Green Hill and the current season?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

So his actions are permitted because of the team underachieving under the last coach? The team is glad that he has moved on, and so is he. It's a win/win for everybody. But to cover for him like you are is pretty sketchy. I know your are a huge Gallatin non supporter in every way imaginable, but even this is a little surprising for you. But I'm definitely not going to let you make people that read these post and don't know what's going on believe that the current staff or players ever did anything to excuse his behavior. 

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Personally I want to just move on from this subject but I will address one thing you said.  When it comes to the team underachieving and being talented and you quit on the team, because that is what happened, it is solely a selfish issue not a team first issue.  The kid got exposure and catered too by the old staff nobody can deny that!  I know people around the program were asked to help the young man and many did.  He wanted to leave and he did, when he wanted to come back, the team voted “No”.  That says all I need to know.  

Now can we talk about Green Hill and the current season?  

First, I want to say if those things I heard were true, I don’t excuse it. It is unacceptable. Now, I think a lot of the things were blown out of proportion and some untrue. I heard his name and character slandered by too many adults that were acting on hearsay and never even spoke to the kid personally, that is also unacceptable. 
Second, I’m not blaming the current staff, it’s certainly not on them and I think they are doing some good things. Very improved in what I’ve seen and a complete different atmosphere. I think the kid in question could have thrived under better leadership and coaching. 
Third, I’m not anti-Gallatin, I simply haven’t bought into the former staff and some of the things surrounding the program. I appreciate the history and the fanatics. I am optimistic things will turn around as they are much improved, I just don’t think they’re to that point yet. From what I’ve seen this far, I like the new coach and what he’s doing is apparently working. I’m not going to judge him on year one. Year two will be telling. It’s going to take some time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

I can agree with this. I am excited to see how things go. We and the coach both know that it has not made it "back" yet. But things are happening to get it headed that direction. Green Hill is 5-0, and that is a good place to start. 

But Green Hill really has'nt played anyone. So what does that really even prove? Come play the top 3 in RuCo if you want to get a true guage. Stop scheduling limp noodles like Dickson Co and  that sorry Springfield team. But if you're trying to get back to the 80s-90s again that'll never happen. Not only does no one ever brag about moving to Gallatin, you're county thinks its a dump and took all the money and threw it into Liberty Creek. they sure think alot of you guys. LOL.

MOJO