Coalfield @ Sequatchie County

rtl112

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Coalfield returned most of their team from 2022 I assume? Nobody seems to be able to challenge them at all. 

Not really, we returned 5 on offense and 6 on defense.  We are truthfully a pretty young team this year.  I think next year should be the year for Coalfield.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I think they may be the ONLY tough team until SP in Semis.lol

Till this point, your Cherokees have been the toughest we've played in my opinion!  But your right, the region is the weakest it has a been in a while. Rockwood has been the biggest surprise to me, I thought they would be better.

Edited by rtl112

23 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Till this point, your Cherokees have been the toughest we've played in my opinion!  But your right, the region is the weakest it has a been in a while. Rockwood has been the biggest surprise to me, I thought they would be better.

Me too, I was astonished. I was texting @orngnblk discussing this very thing during game 1. 

4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Not really, we returned 5 on offense and 6 on defense.  We are truthfully a pretty young team this year.  I think next year should be the year for Coalfield.

Thanks for the response. At the SP game Friday I bought a program. They start a bunch of seniors on the team but it’s strange because most of the team are young kids according to the roster. 

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Surely not that weak. Coalfield was a solid team last year. I went to Clay County and watched them in the semifinals. 

I haven't seen them play but rt said they lost a few good players and the ones who have said they are not as good as last.But you never know.They won't match up well with you all not even close.I saw some on you guys and the strong GB teams would definitely be underdogs but we did have a dang good coaching staff then!