Loretto is back!!!

Pizzpatriot2

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Joe I like the way you operate. Bringing facts to the table. These will probably confuse pizzagirl. She doesn’t like to deal with facts. Like this one… I know a team… much larger class that some call the paper runner-ups. Lost to a little oLe 2A school in Forrest in 2016.  Then first chance they got they dropped them from their schedule. I wonder why they did this?  We’re they ducking competition??  Surely they can compete with 2A schools???  Maybe @GeneralForrest can chime in on the reason. 

Here is a schedule comparison also since Page has this tougher than anyone in the state Schedule….. They play a whopping majority of 4 teams with a winning schedule as Lewis plays 3… Since as he claims, y’all shoulda went to 5A and played that tougher competition they are in. Lol…. Also for common opponent comparisons. Page beat Giles 35-34. Hardin beat Giles 34-28. Hardin also beat Pure Youth 21-14. Lewis beat Pure Youth 44-26…. And Lewis has beat Hardin in MS for  3 out of 4 years of players that are in High School at this moment… Freshman, Sophomore and Junior classes. Sooo, as I suggested last year to him, see if Page could take a ride back down to Lewis, rejoin the region and take an L as in the years past. 

Page Schedule

Giles 6-2

Indy- 5-4

Franklin 1-8

LaVergne- 3-6

Coffee County 2-7

Glencliff 2-7

Lawson 3-6

Hillsboro 6-3

Glencliff 2-7

Centennial 7-2

Total 37-52

Lewis Schedule

Community 1-8

Creekwood 2-7

East Hickman 4-5

Hickman 4-5

Loretto 9-0

Mt. Pleasant 8-1

Harpeth 3-6

Pure Youth 1-9

Summertown 1-8

Waverly 7-2

Total 40-51

48 minutes ago, JoeKane13 said:

And don’t forget the Paper Runner Ups. 
Id say no one on this site has anything to do with the scheduling of Games here. I agree that tougher scheduling should be done to improve toughness and preparation. But with a low income county and school system. We can’t just make the trip to Alcoa, Oakland, Etc… or whoever else you think LC should Schedule. Of LCs 3 non district games. Community is just plain bad. Creekwood is Very athletic, but wasn’t very good either but a 4A team. And then Pure youth below. The other 7 games are Region games. And I highly doubt as you have claimed before, LC got to choose what district they wanted to go to. No Ex coach and no TSSAA board members for you to blame. 

You brought up Pure Youth and downed LC playing them. here is what I found from their schedule of the Tennessee teams. They were no slouch opponent, the most athletic team I’ve seen LC play in recent memory and their record doesn’t show if that’s all you looked at. 

Pure Academy 

Vs Haywood L 21-28. 

Haywood is 7-2. Losses to Oakland and Hardin County. Currently Ranked 8th in 4A.

Vs Cookville L 21-18

Cookeville is 6-3. Losses to Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and Stone Memorial. Currently Not ranked in 6A.

Vs Pearl Cohn L 41-14. 

Pearl Cohn is 9-0 and Ranked #1 in 4A

Vs Hardin County L 21-14

Hardin Co is 9-0 and Ranked #4 in 4A

Vs Blackman L 35-12. 

Blackman is 3-6, not ranked, only losing team and in arguably the toughest region in the State. 

Vs Lewis Co. L 44-26

LC is 8-1. Ranked 10th in 2A and lost to Loretto.

Vs Crockett County W 54-47.

CC is 5-4. Not ranked and losses to Huntingdon, Haywood and Dyer Co. 

Vs Walker Valley L 21-8

WV is 7-2 not Ranked in 5A. With Losses to Bradley Central(#1 in 6A) and East Hamilton

You are late to the party about PURE, homie.  See below:

On 10/3/2023 at 10:42 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Just checking up on this week’s action and noticed highly ranked power house Lewis Co takes on what seems like a Memphis school which, has not won a game. However, their scores show close games (within seven points I think) with the exception Pearl Cohn and maybe one other team.

only in existence for a few years, has played some quality opponents. Though winless, they very well could slip in and beat Hohenwald. I don’t know much about PURE and only about Hohenwald’s tradition, but this game might actually be a good one!

Now, as far as a poor county and not affording travel, Hohenwald will schedule zero for fifty 5A Spring Hill but won’t schedule 5A Columbia even though Columbia is just down the road and they passed right by there on the way to Spring Hill. They will also schedule basketball school Obion County but will absolutely not schedule Union City. Not only that but they won’t schedule Mckenzie, Milan, Dresden or Westview even though they drove right past them on the way to Obion. I left off Lexington because they will probably have them on the upcoming schedule since they are so down. Therefore, that argument of travel doesn’t apply. There are more but those two come to mind first.

Was it a few years ago Hohenwald beat a .500 Chapel Hill team to capture the region? I noticed they aren’t on the schedule. We all just know Riverside won’t be on either the region or out of region schedule any time soon but, schools like PURE and Collinwood and Waynesboro probably will. Now that Richland has returned to the cellar, will they be scheduled next? If Loretto comes back next year and the year after, will they be moved on over into R6?

16 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Now, as far as a poor county and not affording travel, Hohenwald will schedule zero for fifty 5A Spring Hill but won’t schedule 5A Columbia even though Columbia is just down the road and they passed right by there on the way to Spring Hill. They will also schedule basketball school Obion County but will absolutely not schedule Union City. Not only that but they won’t schedule Mckenzie, Milan, Dresden or Westview even though they drove right past them on the way to Obion. I left off Lexington because they will probably have them on the upcoming schedule since they are so down. Therefore, that argument of travel doesn’t apply. There are more but those two come to mind first.

Was it a few years ago Hohenwald beat a .500 Chapel Hill team to capture the region? I noticed they aren’t on the schedule. We all just know Riverside won’t be on either the region or out of region schedule any time soon but, schools like PURE and Collinwood and Waynesboro probably will. Now that Richland has returned to the cellar, will they be scheduled next? If Loretto comes back next year and the year after, will they be moved on over into R6?

Which larger class team was it that lost to Forrest in 2016 and then dropped them from their schedule?  My memory escapes me…

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JoeKane13 said:

Here is a schedule comparison also since Page has this tougher than anyone in the state Schedule….. They play a whopping majority of 4 teams with a winning schedule as Lewis plays 3… Since as he claims, y’all shoulda went to 5A and played that tougher competition they are in. Lol…. Also for common opponent comparisons. Page beat Giles 35-34. Hardin beat Giles 34-28. Hardin also beat Pure Youth 21-14. Lewis beat Pure Youth 44-26…. And Lewis has beat Hardin in MS for  3 out of 4 years of players that are in High School at this moment… Freshman, Sophomore and Junior classes. Sooo, as I suggested last year to him, see if Page could take a ride back down to Lewis, rejoin the region and take an L as in the years past. 

Page Schedule

Giles 6-2

Indy- 5-4

Franklin 1-8

LaVergne- 3-6

Coffee County 2-7

Glencliff 2-7

Lawson 3-6

Hillsboro 6-3

Glencliff 2-7

Centennial 7-2

Total 37-52

Lewis Schedule

Community 1-8

Creekwood 2-7

East Hickman 4-5

Hickman 4-5

Loretto 9-0

Mt. Pleasant 8-1

Harpeth 3-6

Pure Youth 1-9

Summertown 1-8

Waverly 7-2

Total 40-51

Wow. So Lewis actually scheduled tougher opponents this year. Good point. 

15 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Not late, saw that. Then another post. And evidently you can’t read or you just post what you think I said. I said I agree we should schedule some tougher non region games to help prepare for playoffs. But I nor anyone else on here makes the schedules. Therefore I/We have no bearing on it nor the region/district we are in. Just like that weak district Page is in. Bottom line it is a game that is being played by High School kids. No matter the opponent, they don’t schedule them. Their Job is to go out and compete every single play. They have 4 short years of High School football to enjoy and learn the life skills it teaches. Let alone be judged by someone on here that evidently has some type of vendetta against them for what they do under the FNL’s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Which larger class team was it that lost to Forrest in 2016 and then dropped them from their schedule?  My memory escapes me…

You have moved well past ignorant and into the realm of dumb. Here you are again, trying to make something into what it is not. In 2016, the game against Chapel Hill ended the contract after playing four consecutive years. We moved into a different region and schedule’s would not have matched up anyway. We are not like the paper tigers from Milan always duking and dodging competition by jumping classifications.

Wow. So Lewis actually scheduled tougher opponents this year. Good point. 

When you make it to the state championship game in 5A in consecutive years, even if the regular season schedule is (Hohenwald weak), it doesn’t really matter, does it?

1 hour ago, JoeKane13 said:

He has short term memory BPM. He only remembers the last few successful years… 

I tell you what I do remember; state championship games. What do you remember? I know, the start of basketball season.?.?.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Obviously…

Paper tigers

10 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

We are not like the paper tigers from Milan always duking and dodging competition by jumping classifications.

Again where is your proof?  Not just an opinion. I asked you earlier and you keep deflecting as usual. It’s not like we were in a much higher class and lost to a much smaller school and didn’t reschedule them the next cycle. But what I do know is Milan nor Lewis Co scheduled a first year team this year like Page did. Lol. 

Again where is your proof?  Not just an opinion. I asked you earlier and you keep deflecting as usual. It’s not like we were in a much higher class and lost to a much smaller school and didn’t reschedule them the next cycle. But what I do know is Milan nor Lewis Co scheduled a first year team this year like Page did. Lol. 

Too funny! Again, trying to make something into nothing! We didn’t seek out to schedule them; they were placed in our region. Now, if we were to seek out smaller and weaker schools like Collinwood or Waynesboro (when they are down) or Obion County or 0 for 50 Spring Hill for our out of region schedule I could understand. I could also understand if we had a school population to rank us in 2A but we bounced between divisions to try to find an easier path against lessor competition but, we do none of that and yet, we still make it to the state championship. Add to that, we don’t need Covid to help us either. Sure am glad we are not paper tigers!

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Too funny! Again, trying to make something into nothing! We didn’t seek out to schedule them; they were placed in our region. Now, if we were to seek out smaller and weaker schools like Collinwood or Waynesboro (when they are down) or Obion County or 0 for 50 Spring Hill for our out of region schedule I could understand. I could also understand if we had a school population to rank us in 2A but we bounced between divisions to try to find an easier path against lessor competition but, we do none of that and yet, we still make it to the state championship. Add to that, we don’t need Covid to help us either. Sure am glad we are not paper tigers!

I love the fact that I can type a little and you write a book. Lol!!  It’s great!!!