Tha big Beer-Den Bullies come two 825

STARSNBARS

17 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

JJr2010 eye uhgree wif everthang ewe sed....Eye ant gott no problum with tha 2 pointer caws our  3 man line ant stoppin Beer-Den frum 10 yards out......Butt eye thawt thay haid a "speshull" play fer tha 2 pointer like baick inn tha old daze....

:unsure:

My thoughts exactly. I was expecting something with at least a little misdirection. Not just a straight run out of the rhino package. 

Have a good friend that came tonight from out of state that had a son who played for Maryville about ten years ago who was with him left in the middle of the fourth quarter and told me they were sick of watching us beat our on selves with the 3 down linemen on defense and couldn't take no more. The son played on defense under Gaylor and was the one who wanted to leave. There isn't a persom in the stands that knows anything about football can understand the lunacy behind it. Some say we don't have the size to keep a four man front but that don't mean the linebackers shoul be 5 yards deep. This is exactly how we lost to Bradley and Bearden. I'm not in anyway down on the team because they have impressed me every week this year especially replacing 17 starters from last year. Had we not lost LaDue I really believe we would be undefeated right now but it is what it is.

10 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

My thawts onn tha gaim...

1. Eye thawt tha runninbaicks runned hard fer both teems

2. If'un wur gonna run a 3 man come hail orr low wattur, when'st yore on tha 10 yardline in ovurtime put sum biggur 3 man linemuns inn tha gaim....like #78, #53 orr sumbodee thait ant givin upp a hundurd pounds two tha Beer-Den line

c. Haiv eye menshuned how much eye ant a favritt ov a 3 man D-line when'st our LB's never get upp tite inn tha gaps like Beer-Den's did

4. .....(eye am stoppin' now becaws bein' crittycull mite hert sumbodies feelins)

:unsure:

5. This is a message board not an annual evaluation. Get a lil thicker skin. 

Eff.  If you go all year without beating man coverage, it gonna be hard to win. The film is out, but here is a whole week to work on it.

Gee.  If the two point play works…

Ate.  Congrats to the dawgs. They never REALLY believed until it was over. Lots of happy faces over there.

Eye.  RIP 3-4

Edited by strongx

10 hours ago, pepvol said:

It’s like you read my mind with every word you wrote. Maryville has been so successful these last 20 plus years by being unpredictable, we no longer are . We were known for our smoke and mirror trick plays , misdirection, double reverses … a trick play now is throwing on first or second down. The 3 man line tonight was hard to watch . I could see that against a passing team but they passed 2 times . 

i 'member a dang ol' fake field goal back in 76 that broke our hearts dad gum it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m impressed by the young core of talent Maryville has and how they’ve adjusted replacing Ladue. My issue is that they have more than enough talent to do more than they’re doing schematically. There’s a reason Maryville has lost more games the past 2-3 years than they have the last 10 prior years combined. They’re becoming easier and easier to prepare for each week. They just don’t do much offensively to put pressure on defenses. The last two weeks before Bearden they started opening it up and being aggressive, and they had the two best offensive games they’ve had all year probably. Then last night they went back to being vanilla and not being aggressive. I’m all for running the ball, but it can’t be all that you do. Especially in big games. They can’t have game plans like they did last night if they want to make the playoffs. You have to keep defenses guessing or at least keep them honest, something that Maryville teams have always done. But the past 2-3 years, they have become more and more predictable. Which IMO is why they’ve lost more games. 

I don’t think Jayzon Thompson is getting talked about enough the Bearden running back. I mean, this is his fourth game with three touchdowns and 12 TDs in four games, he has really stepped up in Jah’s place. It’s crazy what a giant leap he took last year. I’m pretty sure he didn’t even have a touchdown last year, which is crazy. He’s really come a long way, and he’s only a sophomore, like half of the Bearden roster. But I'm very excited to watch him play for the next 2 1/2 years.

Knoxville recruiting hasn’t been the same recently, and with the few starts players Knoxville has they transfer out to other programs in other cities, sometimes other states im glad to see a glimpse of Knoxville football recruiting back.

44 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I’m impressed by the young core of talent Maryville has and how they’ve adjusted replacing Ladue. My issue is that they have more than enough talent to do more than they’re doing schematically. There’s a reason Maryville has lost more games the past 2-3 years than they have the last 10 prior years combined. They’re becoming easier and easier to prepare for each week. They just don’t do much offensively to put pressure on defenses. The last two weeks before Bearden they started opening it up and being aggressive, and they had the two best offensive games they’ve had all year probably. Then last night they went back to being vanilla and not being aggressive. I’m all for running the ball, but it can’t be all that you do. Especially in big games. They can’t have game plans like they did last night if they want to make the playoffs. You have to keep defenses guessing or at least keep them honest, something that Maryville teams have always done. But the past 2-3 years, they have become more and more predictable. Which IMO is why they’ve lost more games. 

I agree 100%. If we end up where I think we will , if I were Derek I would run 2/3rds of that staff off before they cost him his job especially the defense. I would go out and find me a darn good head coach just like GQ did when he got Gaylor that has some brains. Last night the defensive 3 down linemen cost them that ballgame. Football is a dog eat dog sport and right now anyone in the stands can tell you what dog is getting eaten alive. For our Derek's sake tell them they have to go, blame it on me and tell them Barney said enough is enough.