West TN Rural Top 10 Week 7

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have seen Dyersburg several times this year. Defensively their front 7 is nasty. People will not run on them. Secondary is the weakness (if you can call it that). NorthSide scored on 2 busts pass plays. Trojans offense just couldn’t get going til late in the game. This was a brain fart game for them. Players were not focused and need to stop reading their own press clippings. NorthSide is much improved in spite of their record. Woodrow Lowe is doing good things over there in just his first year. 

I wouldn’t exactly call it a brain fart. I’ve watched/coached every scrimmage and game this group of seniors has played and there is a GREAT amount of frustration over a certain position that is unequivocally lacking. Kids that are much better are sitting on the bench. Opponents are seeing it on film. The biggest problem is the frustration with the players. They’ve had it! If those boys want to, I firmly believe they can win out and play in Chattanooga. The buck stops with the head man, and he’s not doing what needs to be done. We’re 6-0 and they still don’t know who our best 5 OL are. No way anyone should be able to stop us on the ground with the right group in there. Half of those boys are at my house every week. It’s sad when people that haven’t made a Dyersburg game yet, show up and figure it out right off the bat. BPM, ask them what they’re frustrated about! I hear it all week every week and it has nothing to do with me or my feelings. These are, and will always be MY BOYS! It’s not fair to them

30 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I sincerely believe if you took the best of 1 and 2A in the area (jcs included) they'd mop up 3 4 and 5A outside of Henry county. Just my opinion. 

Having seen many of those teams and Dburg it would take a team that can pass the ball very well to beat Dburg. Teams just can’t run the ball on their front 7. I think JCS would be the only one that could beat them. 

1 minute ago, TrojanLC said:

I wouldn’t exactly call it a brain fart. I’ve watched/coached every scrimmage and game this group of seniors has played and there is a GREAT amount of frustration over a certain position that is unequivocally lacking. Kids that are much better are sitting on the bench. Opponents are seeing it on film. The biggest problem is the frustration with the players. They’ve had it! If those boys want to, I firmly believe they can win out and play in Chattanooga. The buck stops with the head man, and he’s not doing what needs to be done. We’re 6-0 and they still don’t know who our best 5 OL are. No way anyone should be able to stop us on the ground with the right group in there. Half of those boys are at my house every week. It’s sad when people that haven’t made a Dyersburg game yet, show up and figure it out right off the bat. BPM, ask them what they’re frustrated about! I hear it all week every week and it has nothing to do with me or my feelings. These are, and will always be MY BOYS! It’s not fair to them

I know what you are talking about. I teach 27 of the boys on the football team. I understand the frustration. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I sincerely believe if you took the best of 1 and 2A in the area (jcs included) they'd mop up 3 4 and 5A outside of Henry county. Just my opinion. 

It really has been that way already hasn’t it? I mean your average 3 and 4A schools in our area IMO are not even considered football schools. The handful of good 3 and 4A schools in the area might definitely be underdogs to the top 1 and 2A schools and might very well lose some of those matchups. But I don’t know if they get mopped up by them. There is never been a lot of difference in classifications in rural west Tn.  I do agree the smaller class schools are putting a great product on the field and I enjoy watching them play. 

2 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

It really has been that way already hasn’t it? I mean your average 3 and 4A schools in our area IMO are not even considered football schools. The handful of good 3 and 4A schools in the area might definitely be underdogs to the top 1 and 2A schools and might very well lose some of those matchups. But I don’t know if they get mopped up by them. There is never been a lot of difference in classifications in rural west Tn.  I do agree the smaller class schools are putting a great product on the field and I enjoy watching them play. 

Haywood coming back down to earth makes it a better argument. 

2 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Haywood coming back down to earth makes it a better argument. 

Very true and I’m not really arguing your point. I guess the word mop struck a nerve lol. I believe your right to an extent. I just don’t believe those wins would be easy. I don’t really even like talking about hypothetical games because no one really knows how they’d go. By the way, I don’t see Haywood staying down to earth for long. I just hope they do for at least a couple more weeks till after our game with them. 

21 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Very true and I’m not really arguing your point. I guess the word mop struck a nerve lol. I believe your right to an extent. I just don’t believe those wins would be easy. I don’t really even like talking about hypothetical games because no one really knows how they’d go. By the way, I don’t see Haywood staying down to earth for long. I just hope they do for at least a couple more weeks till after our game with them. 

Haywood’s definitely a different team from when the season began.