West TN Rural Top 10 Week 7

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sorry. West TN High School Athletics Facebook page has them listed at 3-3. I copied from there. I should have went to the TSSAA site. 

You could have gotten them from my West Tennessee Sports  Facebook page. Had all of Friday nights state widescores and current standings for west Tennessee posted before I went to bed. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kruger77 said:

Switch Dresden and Hardin, shocked to see them (Hardin) struggle with Pure. I think pure might be 20 more kids away from being good

Struggle is an odd way to say it. PURE will beat over 80% of the teams in West Tennessee. I actually think if their QB was taller and they can throw the ball, they'll be able to be pretty legit. They have the size and speed

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Didn’t Haywood struggle with PURE as well?

Yes , 7 pt game as was ours with them. Not gonna make excuses for Hardin County. It was not a great performance from the offense. Also lost starting RB early 2nd qtr which is a great pass catcher as well. We give up a td on a punt which is a no no and the D give up one scoring drive. But the D give up no pts in the second half. Pure is 0-6 but look at their schedule. Pretty brutal and those Ms. teams are no joke either RosaFort is a top 3-A team down there. Pure has size and speed, they just definitely lack depth. 

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Riverside was probably looking ahead to Huntingdon. I agree with Reitz here, the 5-0 record Tipton-Rosemark had is hilarious. I get it, they may need wins. However, they beat Halls, Gibson County, South Fulton, St. Benedict, and Harding Academy. All 5 of those teams combined for a record of 7-22.

You posted while I was typing I think. But you made my point exactly about Pure. They have some impressive athletes just not enough of them. I also agree they beat a lot of teams around the area. I applaud them for their schedule. They ain’t scared to play no one!

2 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

You posted while I was typing I think. But you made my point exactly about Pure. They have some impressive athletes just not enough of them. I also agree they beat a lot of teams around the area. I applaud them for their schedule. They ain’t scared to play no one!

If you're a high school football team from Memphis that is willing to have an "all road" schedule that includes a school south of Jackson (MS), a school from Tunica I believe, Pearl Cohn, Blackman, Cookeville, Haywood, Hardin County, and Walker Valley (Chattanooga area), then you have my respect. 

It's the same team that was tied with MUS in the third quarter last year.  No offense, but they're not Manassas or Hamilton.

I don't know how they're getting the funding for that program (not my business anyway), but it's cool for their coach to send his players all across the state to see different high school venues and teams to play a game of football.

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If you're a high school football team from Memphis that is willing to have an "all road" schedule that includes a school south of Jackson (MS), a school from Tunica I believe, Pearl Cohn, Blackman, Cookeville, Haywood, Hardin County, and Walker Valley (Chattanooga area), then you have my respect. 

It's the same team that was tied with MUS in the third quarter last year.  No offense, but they're not Manassas or Hamilton.

I don't know how they're getting the funding for that program (not my business anyway), but it's cool for their coach to send his players all across the state to see different high school venues and teams to play a game of football.

Yes sir. They rolled up in charter bus and had good looking Eqpt. They got funding from somewhere for sure. They also play Crockett County later in the year I think. Pearl Cohn is the only team to really smoke them. They scored 14 on them. Of course PC gonna smoke a lot of teams this year! It’s hard to keep Pure’s speed in check totally. The Bennet JR’s name I heard all night is a football player!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

The dyersburg score seems close if they are that good but that’s me assuming. Jackson hasn’t had a good team in a while. Have the cards aligned ?  @BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I have seen Dyersburg several times this year. Defensively their front 7 is nasty. People will not run on them. Secondary is the weakness (if you can call it that). NorthSide scored on 2 busts pass plays. Trojans offense just couldn’t get going til late in the game. This was a brain fart game for them. Players were not focused and need to stop reading their own press clippings. NorthSide is much improved in spite of their record. Woodrow Lowe is doing good things over there in just his first year.