MARION AT FORREST 2023

GeneralForrest

50 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

Most Marion folks realize this team is no where near what those '15 &'16 teams were. 

The Brainerd game was awful but we were coming off a big win against Sequatchie so most figured a let down. They honestly haven't played 4 qtrs of good football. The 4th qtr against Fayetteville and the first 2 qtrs against Sequatchie they looked good. Last week's Tyner game the defense played great but we just never got into a rhythm. That's one of the things I worry about getting into the playoffs. Some games they just show up and win on athleticism. A lot harder to do that against good teams.

I been watching a long time. IMO Your talent pool this year is just as good as those teams. You might not be as good of a team but talent wise you boys got some great ones right now. 

2 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I been watching a long time. IMO Your talent pool this year is just as good as those teams. You might not be as good of a team but talent wise you boys got some great ones right now. 

I don't say that to disrespect any of the kids. They are a talented bunch. Let's just say they haven't reached that level yet. Maybe they can but right now they're just not there.

South Pitt fans (every year) : Nothing is guaranteed. We have to play extremely hard against tough competition. Against all odds and if we can pull some upsets and get past Coalfield and Gordy we may make it to Chattanooga this year. 

Also South Pitt fans (every year): This year's Jasper team is loaded. Best team in 2A by a wide margin. Clear cut favorite. They are a lock to waltz into Chattanooga and win it all. 

:D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

South Pitt fans (every year) : Nothing is guaranteed. We have to play extremely hard against tough competition. Against all odds and if we can pull some upsets and get past Coalfield and Gordy we may make it to Chattanooga this year. 

Also South Pitt fans (every year): This year's Jasper team is loaded. Best team in 2A by a wide margin. Clear cut favorite. They are a lock to waltz into Chattanooga and win it all. 

:D

Haha some of them are sandbagging every year! Why do you think it’s so fun arguing with the SP faithful! They were dumbfounded when Gordy beat them last year and now they have a roster that would compete in class 2a-3a or even D-1a looks like, less than a year later.    Definitely not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Haha some of them are sandbagging every year! Why do you think it’s so fun arguing with the SP faithful! They were dumbfounded when Gordy beat them last year and now they have a roster that would compete in class 2a-3a or even D-1a looks like, less than a year later.    Definitely not a coincidence. 

Who was dumbfounded?  I think a lot of fans called it a 1 score game either way. The 2022 Pirate team wasn’t very good and most of this fan base knew it. 

14 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Who was dumbfounded?  I think a lot of fans called it a 1 score game either way. The 2022 Pirate team wasn’t very good and most of this fan base knew it. 

Surprised that’s the point you brought up after reading my entire post. I should have said some! Anyways back to the topic I think Marion rolls against Forrest after they got embarrassed like that by Gordy last week. 

Marion is loaded, and nobody from SP has said a word in 2023 other Dan it should be a cakewalk to chatt for da Pirates.

I look forward to seeing both teams play in chatt and I think it will happen! 

SP couldn’t run da ball AT ALL last year. Everyone knew it was going to be a short postseason for da pirates patna. 

4 hours ago, Salem said:

Talent level at Forrest is on the level with Riverside and Lewis County. Going back years and years most games between the school's are nailbiters. Forrest and Riverside played in state baseball tourney and it was 1-0. We just have similar kids. Two of these three teams will finish in the top of 2A two years in a row while Forrest will finish with 14 losses in both seasons. Forrest had more talent returning in 2022 than either and has been in free fall since being ranked #2 in the state. It's administrative malpractice and no one is accountable. 

Forrest vs Riverside History

2011  10-14        2013  23-20           2014    30-35              2019   15-21                     2021     10-15

Other than HC's first year where Lewis County blew his doors off the games are just as close. Both teams would have a running clock if we played this Friday in what should be a one score game.  

in spite of this current guy's bumbling, they've been to 2 quarters since 2019. that's 2 of the last 4 seasons.

that's the talent level. his coaching of course cost both those teams to exit in quarters. search my posts on those games for more.

I've been posting about his ineptitude for 4+ seasons.  I've gotten plenty of flack for it. but it's funny how little by little you all come out of your closets and agree with me. to a man. every tongue will confess i was right about this guy, and he will quit eventually and that will be it. but much unnecessary damage will have been the result. A real staff would've gotten Forrest to the Semis twice and maybe quarters in 2020 and def better than 3-7 last year 

and it wasnt just me who saw he wasnt cut out for this.

this weekend is gonna be uglier than any game here since the 2018 season.