MARION AT FORREST 2023

GeneralForrest

Rockets Kiddos (4-3) vs Warrior  Kiddos (7-0) 

Last season the two squads combined for 77 points in a wild shootout. It appeared neither defensive coordinator watched film that week or both bet on the over. Marion was content to let Forrest run wild against 6 man boxes with no outside contain. While Forrest was more than happy to play 10 yards off #4, not pressure the QB, and let #12 complete 15 passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. Who makes the first adjustment this Friday? Both teams have likely been holding special trick plays all season for this game! Cannot wait. 

Any new coaches on MC's staff this season? All Warriors are healthy? 

33 minutes ago, Salem said:

Rockets Kiddos (4-3) vs Warrior  Kiddos (7-0) 

Last season the two squads combined for 77 points in a wild shootout. It appeared neither defensive coordinator watched film that week or both bet on the over. Marion was content to let Forrest run wild against 6 man boxes with no outside contain. While Forrest was more than happy to play 10 yards off #4, not pressure the QB, and let #12 complete 15 passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. Who makes the first adjustment this Friday? Both teams have likely been holding special trick plays all season for this game! Cannot wait. 

Any new coaches on MC's staff this season? All Warriors are healthy? 

I wouldn't expect a shootout this season. New DC seems to have the kids dialed in. Front 7 gets a lot of pressure on QBs and the secondary is pretty solid. First time in many years that if we're playing a good passing team we don't have sleepless nights lol. Added a former Coach (Troy Boeck) back to the staff to work with OL/DL and you can tell he's helped a lot.

Warriors will come into Chapel Hill a couple feathers short I'm afraid. Basically the same skill kids from last season so you may recognize names and numbers.

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

I wouldn't expect a shootout this season. New DC seems to have the kids dialed in. Front 7 gets a lot of pressure on QBs and the secondary is pretty solid. First time in many years that if we're playing a good passing team we don't have sleepless nights lol. Added a former Coach (Troy Boeck) back to the staff to work with OL/DL and you can tell he's helped a lot.

Warriors will come into Chapel Hill a couple feathers short I'm afraid. Basically the same skill kids from last season so you may recognize names and numbers.

So let me get this straight. The administration at Marion County recognizes how important football is to their school, their community, the players, and the parents. Marion County had a porous defense that contributed to a poor season for the  football team in 2022. The AD or principal or head coach identified the liability and made a change that helped the program. So now this year's kiddos are 7-0 and ranked #2 in the state and the defense looks much improved with many of the same players and is no longer a liability. Unbelievable! And people in charge over here say coaching doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Salem said:

So let me get this straight. The administration at Marion County recognizes how important football is to their school, their community, the players, and the parents. Marion County had a porous defense that contributed to a poor season for the  football team in 2022. The AD or principal or head coach identified the liability and made a change that helped the program. So now this year's kiddos are 7-0 and ranked #2 in the state and the defense looks much improved with many of the same players and is no longer a liability. Unbelievable! And people in charge over here say coaching doesn't matter.

Well the DC was already on staff. Just swapped some roles. MC played with a lot of sophomores last year so being older and more experienced has helped too. The principal is very committed to sports and the AD as well. 

4 hours ago, Salem said:

imagine you had 4 guys in middle school who were musicians, and they sounded like van halen. then all of a sudden in high school they sounded, those same kids, like black flag. wouldnt you ask questions?