2A Region 5 tie?

Pizzpatriot2

Looks like Loretto is legit and with Hohenwald blasting MTP, they may very well be legit as well. Also, looks MTP bounced back just fine last night.

Question I have is, what if MTP puts it together at end of the season and beats Loretto? That would give that region three one loss teams. Lets face it, Hohenwald’s schedule will not allow for quality opponents so, we know they will win out. However, other than MTP, Loretto doesn’t seem to have much competition, either.

How is 1st through third settled if those three teams only have one loss and, that’s to each other?

Now, I honestly want to say if T$$AA gets involved then Hohenwald would naturally get the edge for first in region. But, times may have changed.

4 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Looks like Loretto is legit and with Hohenwald blasting MTP, they may very well be legit as well. Also, looks MTP bounced back just fine last night.

Question I have is, what if MTP puts it together at end of the season and beats Loretto? That would give that region three one loss teams. Lets face it, Hohenwald’s schedule will not allow for quality opponents so, we know they will win out. However, other than MTP, Loretto doesn’t seem to have much competition, either.

How is 1st through third settled if those three teams only have one loss and, that’s to each other?

Now, I honestly want to say if T$$AA gets involved then Hohenwald would naturally get the edge for first in region. But, times may have changed.

You're full of mess.

There are tie breaker rules in place.

Go read em.

Edited by Southtowner
._.
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

You're full of mess.

There are tie breaker rules in place.

Go read em.

I want the discussion @Southtowner!!

You know, what everyone thinks and who they think should come in what place. That’s why they call these message boards for us to discuss T$$AA football which is the same as discussion boards. Now, to be fair, that could include discussion of T$$AA rules but that’s not in the original post.

13 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

^ this is your premise for the whole topic anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I want the discussion @Southtowner!!

You know, what everyone thinks and who they think should come in what place. That’s why they call these message boards for us to discuss T$$AA football which is the same as discussion boards. Now, to be fair, that could include discussion of T$$AA rules but that’s not in the original post.

Go ahead.

Discuss away.

Go read the rules if you don't know or haven't. 

Come back and let us know if there are rules in place to break ties and not suggest that anything else comes into play.

III. REGION PLAY & TIE-BREAKERS 

A. All teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series. 

B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. 

C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams. 

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.): 

1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 

6. Coin Flip  

7. Nothing else.

8. Carry on.

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:
III. REGION PLAY & TIE-BREAKERS 

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 

6. Coin Flip  

Any discussion on who this/that is going to be with the remaining schedule(s)?

Anyone think it could cone down to the coin toss?

On 9/30/2023 at 7:52 PM, FastEddieDavis said:

I think Waverly has a chance to upset one of the 2 out of Lewis and Loretto. 

My money is it won’t be Loretto. There’s not much playoff data on Loretto, especially second round, but there is on Hohenwald. If I had to choose, who to play for a second round playoff game, I would choose to play Hohenwald. Loretto seems to be tearing it up this year!

22 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

My money is it won’t be Loretto. There’s not much playoff data on Loretto, especially second round, but there is on Hohenwald. If I had to choose, who to play for a second round playoff game, I would choose to play Hohenwald. Loretto seems to be tearing it up 

Edited by FastEddieDavis