2A Region 5 tie?

Pizzpatriot2

On 10/8/2023 at 10:47 PM, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Who do we believe will make it to the 4th round after these two regions duke it out? 

I think the front runner has to be Huntingdon, but you never want to run into Frosties boys come playoff time. It appears to also seem like Lewis County, Milan, or Loretto could be in the running. 

Will definitely be interesting to watch!!!

May have been placed in the wrong thread but good summation none the less. Though I do not know much about the teams of R5 and R6, for the most part. However, looking over the years on CoachT's schedule records, it would seem that Huntingdon is dominant year in and year out. So, that leaves many questions; is Riverside as good as last year? Is Loretto a one hit wonder this year or was that win over Hohenwald just a fluke and they will come down to earth? They still have Waverly and MTP to finish the season. Was MTP just off when they were drummed by Hohenwald and, what about Waverly? They seem to have up and down years. Is this an up year for them? They were drummed by MTP and the only (quality) win they have is against Fairview and that doesn't say much. 

I say it comes down to another semifinal game between Riverside and Huntingdon. 

17 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Is this not the most competitive this region has been in a very long time, if not ever? I did notice that neither Riverside nor Chapel Hill is in it, however. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up Waverly's schedule the other night going back a little over a decade and you guys have seem to have some success against very good schools. Seems like good playoff runs and, seems like you guys actually played and beat Pulaski when they were on their good runs. Takes experience at that level to do well come playoff time.

Yes, definitely. 

Bump:

If Waverly wins this Friday night and Lewis and MTP both win out, it is going to be interesting breaking this tie. I would venture to say that due to Loretto beating Hohenwald earlier in the season, Hohenwald’s ranking would be higher. Now, I haven’t looked at each teams opponents records to see which would get the nod (according to @Southtowner’s stated rules earlier). 

With two weeks still remaining, who has who in the 1-4 playoff slots?

Then, looking at the other region, are there teams from the West that R5 would rather face (higher playoff placements vs lower playoff placements)?

19 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Bump:

If Waverly wins this Friday night and Lewis and MTP both win out, it is going to be interesting breaking this tie. I would venture to say that due to Loretto beating Hohenwald earlier in the season, Hohenwald’s ranking would be higher. Now, I haven’t looked at each teams opponents records to see which would get the nod (according to @Southtowner’s stated rules earlier). 

Then, looking at the other region, are there teams from the West that R5 would rather face (higher playoff placements vs lower playoff placements)?

Ok, so the scenario is Waverly wins Friday against Loretto and Lewis County and MtP win out. 

That one is simple. It comes down to the head to head between Lewis and MtP. In your scenario, Loretto would lose to Waverly and MtP (last game of the season), giving them 2 losses. It also means that Waverly would lose to Lewis County (also the last game), giving them two losses. That leaves Lewis and MtP as the only 2 one loss teams, so it would go to head to head. The winner of that game was Lewis so they would be first, MtP would be second. Waverly would be third because they beat Loretto in your scenario. That leaves Loretto in 4th.

I can't really expand the screen on my phone to clearly see the standings, but I believe that is right.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

20 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Bump:

The more interesting scenario would be if MtP and Lewis county win out and Loretto beats Waverly. That means Loretto, MtP and Lewis are all one loss teams. Waverly would be 4th place with only 2 losses. In this scenario, MtP is first due to playing the most teams above .500 (with records as they are today). Loretto would be 2nd and Lewis County would be third due to head to head earlier this season. 

No matter what happens, this is a competitive region this year.

On 10/18/2023 at 6:01 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

The more interesting scenario would be if MtP and Lewis county win out and Loretto beats Waverly. That means Loretto, MtP and Lewis are all one loss teams. Waverly would be 4th place with only 2 losses. In this scenario, MtP is first due to playing the most teams above .500 (with records as they are today). Loretto would be 2nd and Lewis County would be third due to head to head earlier this season. 

No matter what happens, this is a competitive region this year.

Ok so 

Loretto 9-0 plays Mt P

Lewis 8-1 plays Waverly (loss to Loretto)

Mt P 8-1 plays Loretto (loss to Lewis)

Waverly 7-2 plays Lewis (loss to Mt P & Loretto) 

If Loretto Wins they #1

If Lewis Wins they #2

Mt P #3

Waverly #4

BUT 

If Loretto and Waverly win

Loretto #1 

Waverly, Lewis, Mt P 3 way tie

BUT

If Mt P wins and Lewis wins

Loretto, Lewis, Mt P 3 way tie

Waverly #4

BUT

If Mt P and Waverly Win

Mt P #1

Loretto#2

Waverly #3

Lewis #4 

Correct?

Edited by Trollin

31 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Ok so 

Loretto 9-0 plays Mt P

Lewis 8-1 plays Waverly (loss to Loretto)

Mt P 8-1 plays Loretto (loss to Lewis)

Waverly 7-2 plays Lewis (loss to Mt P & Loretto) 

If Loretto Wins they #1

If Lewis Wins they #2

Mt P #3

Waverly #4

BUT 

If Loretto and Waverly win

Loretto #1 

Waverly, Lewis, Mt P 3 way tie

BUT

If Mt P wins and Lewis wins

Loretto, Lewis, Mt P 3 way tie

Waverly #4

BUT

If Mt P and Waverly Win

Mt P #1

Loretto#2

Waverly #3

Lewis #4 

Correct?

This all looks correct. There could be some deep ties that will take some serious deciphering as it gets down to opponents records.

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I’m just curious, with all of the changes over the past couple of years at Hohenwald, does anyone think they will make it past the second round?

No I don’t think anyone from Region 5 makes it pass the 2nd 

Edited by Trollin