Dresden at So.Fulton, Oct.6

HevyReturns

IT'S ON!! Dresden has to go to South Fulton this week. Those Red Devils did some devilish things to us in 2018, keeping us out of the playoffs that year! The only time since 2010 our Lions were kept out of them.. their guy making a perfect, man-on-man open field tackle on the last play for them to win 14-12. They made the playoffs, we didn't. Point is, NEVER assume ANY game is an auto win.. OR loss. On paper & by the eye-test the Lions should win .. but ANYTHING can happen in football. The stories are endless proving that! Dresden's avg is scoring 44 pts per game & allowing 15, while avg of South Fulton is creating 34 on offense with others scoring 25. Yes it's possible that Red Devils can live up to their name and play the devil in Dresden's plans this year, throwing a monkey wrench into Region 7's standings & playoff picture, & the Lions thus-far unbeaten year. It will be a packed stadium for sure, tons of excitement & high energy from both sides. Almost all expects this to be a Dresden cakewalk, but I'm one of those who KNOWS that isn't always how it turns out. Line 'em up, go one down at a time, & we'll see how it turns out! Yes, I think Lions will have a lopsided win, maybe a running clock with reserves getting valuable playing time.. but the thing is, them Red Devils have plans of their own & have a say in this deal too! Can they SHOCK THE WORLD? Possibly.. perhaps.. but not probable. Injury free game for both, & may sportsmanship prevail & safe travels for all. Don't let this be a trap game Lions.. only way to go from here on out is 110% or more one play at a time.. go all-out, all the time. Good luck to S.Fulton the rest of your games, just not this week. GOOO LIONS! 

11 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

IT'S ON!! Dresden has to go to South Fulton this week. Those Red Devils did some devilish things to us in 2018, keeping us out of the playoffs that year! The only time since 2010 our Lions were kept out of them.. their guy making a perfect, man-on-man open field tackle on the last play for them to win 14-12. They made the playoffs, we didn't. Point is, NEVER assume ANY game is an auto win.. OR loss. On paper & by the eye-test the Lions should win .. but ANYTHING can happen in football. The stories are endless proving that! Dresden's avg is scoring 44 pts per game & allowing 15, while avg of South Fulton is creating 34 on offense with others scoring 25. Yes it's possible that Red Devils can live up to their name and play the devil in Dresden's plans this year, throwing a monkey wrench into Region 7's standings & playoff picture, & the Lions thus-far unbeaten year. It will be a packed stadium for sure, tons of excitement & high energy from both sides. Almost all expects this to be a Dresden cakewalk, but I'm one of those who KNOWS that isn't always how it turns out. Line 'em up, go one down at a time, & we'll see how it turns out! Yes, I think Lions will have a lopsided win, maybe a running clock with reserves getting valuable playing time.. but the thing is, them Red Devils have plans of their own & have a say in this deal too! Can they SHOCK THE WORLD? Possibly.. perhaps.. but not probable. Injury free game for both, & may sportsmanship prevail & safe travels for all. Don't let this be a trap game Lions.. only way to go from here on out is 110% or more one play at a time.. go all-out, all the time. Good luck to S.Fulton the rest of your games, just not this week. GOOO LIONS! 

Always love your topic starting. Hopefully both get through this injury free, I know we have already had our share. Neither need any of that this point in the season. We’ve done a good job at cleaning up our early season mistakes. We will see how that goes Vs another top team in 1A. GBR!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Dresden hast yet to play a complete game against good teams. That's how good they are so is this the week they  get rid of the mental mistakes and put up big numbers on S.Fulton  (I don't count the Halls and Humboldt games).  

That's the trouble playing a 1a schedule. Not enough tough games to season you!

• Like 1

Trap Game 101 right here. Dresden has beaten all the bigshots on their schedule to make it to 7-0 & should win this by as much as they want to. But neighborhood region foes with nothing to lose & everything to gain should be taken seriously. Especially one that's playing at home & putting up what 35 a game avg?  Even with what seems like half their team bit by the injury bug? 

18 hours ago, hogheaven said:

Dresden and UC had 4 tough games and I thought Lake Co was gonna be better..  the other 5 games are good to get young players reps.  

LC defense wasn't what I hoped but Dresden scores was much closer than score.Dresden scoring from about 23 yards with 1 second to go before half ,in coaching blunder to me.Call a timeout and just don't let anyone behind you at goal line.Dresden also scored in a out last minute of game.

16 hours ago, west10EZ said:

I believe Dresden will be too much to handle for SF up front this year , next year SF could really be special 

I think the stud running back is only a junior? Not sure about QB but if he's back,SF will be a load.LC only has 4 seniors but maybe about 3 years being a contender with middle school beating bigger schools Crockett Co,Three Oaks handily,Dresden,Fulton Co and 6 point loss to Northview.So these kids are use to playing larger schools which should help as they get older.And think about 8 or 9 starters on that team are back next year.But ur right.SF should be improved.