Dobyns Bennett @ William Blount

GovForce1

2 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Are you talking about all those years we destroyed the Knoxville region in the playoffs. We usually played Central or Farragut out of conference as well. Plus, at least when I was there, Cocke Co was 9-0 when we played them in week 10. WB is and always has been a doormat. Get over it. Build a statue of “the Penguin “ for winning 6 games 

We get it. You are still bitter that someone from WB stole your girlfriend. Get therapy. It's possible to heal.

Edited by GovForce1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well concerning Maupin. He started against Asheville. Played 6 plays and didn't look good at all. They had to take him out and go back to their original starter, who took the team right down the field and scored. Now I do think they should have put him back in after the game was decided. Maybe it was nerves. And they should have put him in against Morristown East for another shot. However, they went with Sykes in the second half of the Morristown East game and he knocked it out of the park. And that was playing behind the second team line. So that moved Sykes to #2 (probably should be the starter). Maupin was out after that. Thats just what happened. 

Hands down Maupin was better than anything you have over there can’t let an etown boy come in and takeover 

1 minute ago, LoudnProud said:

Hands down Maupin was better than anything you have over there can’t let an etown boy come in and takeover 

I'm not going to down the Maupin boy and I'm not going to down Sykes and Hurd either. Maupin was third in line as for ability. Thats just a fact. #1 Sykes, #2Hurd, #3 Maupin. Maybe Maupin would improve with some playing time, but I don't think DB had the luxury to wait on him. He probably should have transferred to Crockett or West Ridge instead of DB. 

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

WB people don’t have teeth. Not really worried about you. Just think it’s funny when teams beat a bunch of terrible teams and want to talk about how good they are

Speaking of, I also heard some members of that 10-0 Cocke County squad were climbing out of her window pretty regularly too. But that's just grapevine talk. Lmao 

On a serious note, you keep saying people were bragging about WB being world beaters after getting some wins against an easy early schedule. I haven't seen anybody do that. That's in your head. The reality is people were excited about an offense that looked good compared to what we've seen the past 3 years or so. And that offensive success has carried over into the tougher games too. We actually out gained DB in total yards from what I heard. This team will keep getting better. We have a lot of young guys. We were like maybe 4 or 5 plays away from being right in that game at the end. That's all it takes to get boat raced by a good team on the scoreboard. I'm encouraged by what I've seen. I actually think this program has a good future now under the current regime.

Edited by GovForce1

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well concerning Maupin. He started against Asheville. Played 6 plays and didn't look good at all. They had to take him out and go back to their original starter, who took the team right down the field and scored. Now I do think they should have put him back in after the game was decided. Maybe it was nerves. And they should have put him in against Morristown East for another shot. However, they went with Sykes in the second half of the Morristown East game and he knocked it out of the park. And that was playing behind the second team line. So that moved Sykes to #2 (probably should be the starter). Maupin was out after that. Thats just what happened. 

I think the original starter, who seems like a good kid, isn’t the one. I was at the Asheville game. I think he marched them down the field on his second possession. But on his first, or maybe it was his second series, he had a short field, I think, and threw the pick in the end zone. I hear he’s done that a few too many times. He’s too reckless with the ball. I say keep the other kid in and prepare him for next season and try to salvage what you can now. 

Did WB schedule some easier teams? Yes. Can you blame them? @1OldPatriot pretty sure you were the one who said they were worst 6A team ever last year. Should anyone really expect them to go out and schedule teams like Farragut, Alcoa, Maryville, Sevier County, after going 0-10 and getting blown out in nearly every game? Regardless it is clear this program is headed in the right direction and this has still been the best season WB has had in a long time.

My question to WB fans who will replace your best player the QB next year. I can't imagine someone that could walk in your present QB's Shadow. This is a top notch athlete we're talking about and has been the biggest reason for some of your wins. I watched bits and pieces of last night's game and the big long run he made. I hope they have someone ready to fill those shoes or it's back to the bottom again next year.

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My question to WB fans who will replace your best player the QB next year. I can't imagine someone that could walk in your present QB's Shadow. This is a top notch athlete we're talking about and has been the biggest reason for some of your wins. I watched bits and pieces of last night's game and the big long run he made. I hope they have someone ready to fill those shoes or it's back to the bottom again next year.

My question....how did murvul not get him? :lol: