Dobyns Bennett @ William Blount

GovForce1

43 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My question to WB fans who will replace your best player the QB next year. I can't imagine someone that could walk in your present QB's Shadow. This is a top notch athlete we're talking about and has been the biggest reason for some of your wins. I watched bits and pieces of last night's game and the big long run he made. I hope they have someone ready to fill those shoes or it's back to the bottom again next year.

I'm sure we will have a serviceable QB. My biggest question is will we have a dominant receiver again next year finally? We are due one because we usually have one and haven't the last few years. An Isaiah Hannah or Joel Graham type receiver would make this team a whole lot better.

2 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

Did WB schedule some easier teams? Yes. Can you blame them? @1OldPatriot pretty sure you were the one who said they were worst 6A team ever last year. Should anyone really expect them to go out and schedule teams like Farragut, Alcoa, Maryville, Sevier County, after going 0-10 and getting blown out in nearly every game? Regardless it is clear this program is headed in the right direction and this has still been the best season WB has had in a long time.

They were suppose to be in that region but begged out thinking Region 1 would be easier. It turns out they would have finished in the same spot in region 2. I just don’t respect schools who beg out of things they think are tougher

12 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Jeff has made the playoffs the last few years. WB can count their playoff appearances on 2 hands. I will be fine

You don’t need any hands (or feet, or any appendages for that matter) to count the number of playoff wins that Jefferson County has since 2003, so maybe pump the brakes on the season-long unprovoked Gov-bashing and worry about that first :thumb:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

They were suppose to be in that region but begged out thinking Region 1 would be easier. It turns out they would have finished in the same spot in region 2. I just don’t respect schools who beg out of things they think are tougher

Not only begged out but chose Eaglton to play in jamboree???? Why not maryville or Alcoa???? If they ever want to get better, you play up not run!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slingitdownfield said:

Not only begged out but chose Eaglton to play in jamboree???? Why not maryville or Alcoa???? If they ever want to get better, you play up not run!!

You play up when you're ready to play up. I may be wrong, but I think I see what the plan is. Schedule some teams you can beat and get the winning attitude going. Winning promotes winning. You lose the fan base with 2-8 seasons. Not to mention players wanting to transfer. Once you get people believing, even halfway, then you've started on the foundation. Everybody knows that area is full of talent. WB just needs to get their fair share of it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

WB people don’t have teeth. Not really worried about you. Just think it’s funny when teams beat a bunch of terrible teams and want to talk about how good they are

A cocky Jeff co fan is hilarious. He’s also got a lot of top secret recorded phone calls 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You play up when you're ready to play up. I may be wrong, but I think I see what the plan is. Schedule some teams you can beat and get the winning attitude going. Winning promotes winning. You lose the fan base with 2-8 seasons. Not to mention players wanting to transfer. Once you get people believing, even halfway, then you've started on the foundation. Everybody knows that area is full of talent. WB just needs to get their fair share of it. 

WB and Heritage will never be good. Not enough talent for Alcoa and Maryville to be dominant and then too. 

8 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Cocky? I have said in multiple posts that I think Region 1 will go winless vs Region 2 you dumbass. 

I thought that as well, but I'm starting to believe now that Jefferson County can win the 1st round, but the rest of Region 1 will choke.       Not saying the Patriots will win but they certainly have a > 0 probability

58 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Cocky? I have said in multiple posts that I think Region 1 will go winless vs Region 2 you dumbass. 

Like I said cocky … plus name calling… an old man should have learned a long time ago not to call someone on here something you wouldn’t be willing to say to their face . Keyboard warrior is about as lame as it gets 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My question to WB fans who will replace your best player the QB next year. I can't imagine someone that could walk in your present QB's Shadow. This is a top notch athlete we're talking about and has been the biggest reason for some of your wins. I watched bits and pieces of last night's game and the big long run he made. I hope they have someone ready to fill those shoes or it's back to the bottom again next year.

Transfer portal will be open in BloCo soon, Barn.