Will Maryville make a change this offseason?

ILB1999

There's a zero percent chance they will make a change, and they definitely don't need to IMO. They need some changes with the coaching staff, though. And they need to make some philosophical changes this offseason. Coach Hunt is a great guy and very smart football mind. He's a lot like Quarles in many ways, but it's asking a lot for anyone to replace the greatest high school football coach of all time. This is neither here nor there, because he's not coming back. But let me just say this in regard to the comment on the region being tougher...GQ would have zero problems absolutely running through this region. He was on another level and always was 10 steps ahead of opposing coaching staffs, no matter the talent. Not sure how many more championships they would have right now, but I can confidently say he would not have lost any region games if he would have stayed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will ETSU let GQ go after the season. If so where would he go from there, wouldn't that be enough college football. I personally think he stepped in at the worst time with the NIL and transfer portal on steroids. Will they give him another chance for next year. College football is instant gratification which is very unlikely.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The reason Maryville isn't getting any kids it's because the school has overgrown its limits and they're no longer accepting tuition students. Plans are to add on to Maryville High and they're doing so as we chat but it'll be a couple of years before it's done. Like I said in another thread if boo Carter lived a few feet from the city limit and wanted to go to Maryville they couldn't accept him. That has had a bearing on the program. The only way Maryville High will change coaches if the present one stepped down. The leadership at Maryville High doesn't give a rats azz about the football or any other sport. If coach Hunt didn't want the job anymore I can assure you Rang isn't interested and very content where he's at. He has a great relationship with Coach Gattis and asked him to take over during that one game suspension. 

If Boo Carter wanted to come to Maryville, he would be living in my basement.

The question is does Maryville go 4-6/5-5  I don't see them beating alcoa  but I can definetly see Cleveland playing super hard to get a 2 year streak and Farragut playing tough for a playoff spot I see all three as loseable  and 1.5/2 of them as winnable. If Maryville finished 5-5 how long would it have been since there last winning season? 1990?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

There's a zero percent chance they will make a change, and they definitely don't need to IMO. They need some changes with the coaching staff, though. And they need to make some philosophical changes this offseason. Coach Hunt is a great guy and very smart football mind. He's a lot like Quarles in many ways, but it's asking a lot for anyone to replace the greatest high school football coach of all time. This is neither here nor there, because he's not coming back. But let me just say this in regard to the comment on the region being tougher...GQ would have zero problems absolutely running through this region. He was on another level and always was 10 steps ahead of opposing coaching staffs, no matter the talent. Not sure how many more championships they would have right now, but I can confidently say he would not have lost any region games if he would have stayed. 

Audience Clapping GIF - Audience Clapping Applause - Discover & Share GIFs

xcellunt stuff JJr2010.......Did eye evur tale ewe how much eye luv a 3 man D-line...???

1. Less peepull affectin' tha QB inn tha passin' gaim

b. Leafin' one orr both 270-300 lb.guards uncovered two runn uninhibited and git upp to our smallish LBers on runnin plays

c. Maybee hit wood werk goodur if'un we haid biggur LB's like we did inn 2019.....Seth.... Mason Shelton....Matthew Brooks etc...but knott his yeer

4. We hurd inn tha pre-seesun thait we gonna haiv sum linemuns go both ways....Welp were runnin out ov gaims......And hit shore wood haiv been nice two haiv Heckmann orr Boyd on tha goleline D inn ovurtime......(ewe know two haiv a guy orr two ovur 220lbs on deefence inn thait sitchuashun).....butt......smh.....

:rolleyes: